Benefits of working for us
Working for us means:
- We treat our employees fairly, and with respect
- We believe in equality in the workplace
- We consult and involve our employees in change
- We value employees who take responsibility for providing excellent customer service
- We value commitment to resolving housing needs in Haringey
- We are a team and we invest in the development of our team.
Positive about people with disabilities
We have been awarded Disability Confident accreditation for our commitment to employing disabled people.
The accreditation is awarded by Job Centre Plus to employers who follow best practice when it comes to recruiting, selecting and retaining disabled people.
To get the nationally recognised award, Homes for Haringey had to sign up to five commitments, including:
- guaranteeing an interview for all disabled applicants who meet minimum criteria for a job vacancy
- consulting disabled employees regularly to make sure they can develop and use their skills, and
- to make every effort to keep employees on if they become disabled.
Investors in People
We have a Silver Investors in People Award - putting Homes for Haringey in the top 15% of organisations in the UK that Investors in People. Investors in People is the national standard which sets out a level of good practice for training and development of people to achieve business goals.
Find out more about Investors in People (external link)
We offer a comprehensive development and training programme for staff and managers to help them to progress into higher role. This includes:
- the ability to specialise in your role through short courses and professional development programmes
- up to 50% paid towards higher education costs for permanent employees
- A dedicated e-learning platform for staff to aid personal as well as professional development
- We also provide opportunities for internal secondments and acting up.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme offers a free counselling and advice service for all employees and their families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The service supports employees in all aspects of their daily lives: not just work issues, but everyday issues on which they or their families may need advice from an impartial party. The Programme offers a life management and personal support service on many issues including finance, relationships, legal issues, insurance, drugs and alcohol, stress, housing, consumer issues and health.
Contributory career average pension scheme, (benefits include death in service benefit; cover for spouse / children).
Other staff benefits
- Generous annual leave increasing with length of service
- Leave for public duties (i.e. magistrate)
- Nominated carers leave to enable parents to spend time with their new baby
- Generous maternity, shared parental and adoption leave provision
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan)
- Access to discounts for sports, leisure and entertainment
- Child care vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
Latest jobs from Haringey Council
Team Manager - Fostering Suppo...
Closes: 30 Jun 2021
Physical Activity and Sport De...
Closes: 14 Jul 2021
Cabinet Support Officer
Closes: 28 Jun 2021
Strategic Lead of Communities
Closes: 4 Jul 2021
Team Manager - Assessment Serv...
Closes: 27 Jun 2021View All Jobs