Transpennine Route Upgrade
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a multi-billion pound, transformative, long-term railway infrastructure programme that will improve connectivity in the North.
It will support economic growth and deliver real benefits for passengers and communities along this pivotal rail artery.
Do you want to work on a multi-billion £ engineering programme like the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU)?
This video show the 16-day railway closure (31st July – 15th August) between Manchester Victoria and Stalybridge stations. This work is crucial to enable us to run more trains and faster trains as part of the (TRU programme . TRU will bring faster, more reliable services for passengers travelling between York, Leeds and Manchester.
It is well documented that the Construction sector is one of the least digitised industries, TRU has made great headways to set the standard on digitisation and becoming the industry-leading project.
Modern rail construction projects are complex being multi-disciplined with geographically dispersed teams needing to work together. To improve collaboration, communication and efficiencies, the Digital Construction Team at TRU West implemented an innovative Collaboration Hub with full-wall touchscreens for the Summer Blockade.
We transport people from all the diverse walks of life between Manchester and York. That’s why TRU West recognises the value and skills of disabled people in creating a high performing team that can best serve society.
Being accredited to Disability Confident Level 1 means we are committed to taking action to improve how we recruit, retain, and develop disabled people. It is at the centre of our People Strategy and drives our ambition to be the inclusive employer of choice in the North.
Disability Confident means working with applicants to remove barriers to participation in everything we do. We offer the following reasonable adjustments to accommodate and include everyone:
- We ensure digital platforms are accessible for people who use assistive technology
- We offer ‘trail run’ interviews to candidates who may be inexperienced using online platforms
- CV’s are anonymised to remove preconceptions and favouritism in the selection process
- Papers and materials can be presented in different formats if needed
- Accessibility dogs are always welcome on our premises
- We would be happy to source a sign language interpreter if required
- We provide a flexible and adjustable work pattern and working environment, including locations
- Meetings can be scheduled around existing commitments and have the option of being remote or in-person
- We offer alternative interview formats in recognition that not everyone ‘performs’ in the same way. This includes looking at methods of practical skills application rather than just a sit down interview.
- We can share interview questions to allow candidates to prepare in advance.
- We ensure diverse interview panels are part of the selection process to remove biases and cross pollinate the conversation with a broader understanding of what is required to be successful in the role.
If we can do anything else to support you during the interview or application process please contact email@example.com