Account Manager (Client Partner)
In a nutshell:
Mind Tools learning resources are used by over 30 million learners each year, helping them develop those vital professional skills in a format that works for them – and never before is digital learning so relevant. Following the acquisition of Mind Tools in 2019, Emerald Works have developed the corporate offering of Mind Tools (known as “Mind Tools for Business”) and we are looking for talented sales professionals to join us to drive growth in this area. This corporate offering is supported by a range of other services including bespoke e-learning, learning benchmarking and much more.
This role will sit within the UK Based team focusing on the East Coast of North America. The role is “Client Partner” but what this means is that you will be responsible for managing and growing a small collection of existing clients and for building your own client base through new business sales work. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
Find and win new clients to enable yourself to hit/exceed your own New Business Sales Target
Provide an excellent Client Partnering Service to your existing client portfolio resulting in renewals/upsells/referrals
Collaborate with the team - learning from all colleagues, pro actively seek feedback and challenge yourself to input into internal knowledge sharing initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- A passion for engaging with senior stakeholders to build strong commercial partnerships
- An understanding of complex sales processes and/or SAAS
- A track record of delighting prospects and clients resulting in a strong sales track record
- At least 3 years of selling solutions to large organisations
- The ability to demonstrate credibility quickly with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organised and analytical with a structured and diligent approach to work.
- The ability to engage with others without meeting them in person (even post-COVID, the majority of the work will be conducted over the phone/email/video call)
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
- A Growth Mindset
- An awareness of the US market and how the cultural differences with UK
- Drive to achieve results and where appropriate actively engage and collaborate with others to do this.
- Proficient with communicating and developing business over the telephone.
- Able to quickly connect with people and generate rapport.
- Able to produce well written communications such as emails to clients.
- A strong team player.
- Proficient active listener.
- To be open and receptive to feedback, demonstrating a willingness to take on board advice and guidance.
- Adapts well to the continually changing environment of our business.
- Organises and prioritises work well, to take account of competing internal and client priorities
- An understanding of the processes and issues relevant to your job. This ranges from job knowledge to an appreciation of complex internal and external business issues and trends.
- Has passion for their profession and role and continually looks to develop and improve.
** All interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams. Please apply ASAP as the advert may close and interview commence before the closing date.
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.