Accountant 1- Pittsburgh, PA (108636)
This position is responsible for performing the professional accounting duties in support of various accounting and billing functions. This will include entering new contracts, updating amendments to contracts, producing invoices, communication with the field to obtain data/approvals for the billing data, analysis of financial data of a complex nature for month end close and reconciliation of various accounts associated with the accounting and billing functions.
o Producing monthly billing – fixed fee, reimbursable, and variable
o Entering contracts and updating amendments in accounting system
o Ownership of billing according to the contract
o Account reconciliations
o Completing month-end close and performing variance analysis for multiple operating facilities to ensure accuracy
o Meeting established accounting deadlines
o Preparing monthly income statement variance explanations
o Preparing journal entries and maintaining proper supporting documentation
o Ensuring SOX compliance is maintained
o Coordinating with field to clarify any missing data
o Completing performance measurements and targets
o Cross-training with others as assigned
o Assisting others in department as necessary
o Completing special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
- Must know fundamental accounting concepts, accounting office practices and procedures and have sound knowledge of billing systems, preferably SAP.
- Three to five years related experience with thorough knowledge of departmental function, terminology and interrelationships. Functional experience may be required by site
- PC skills with expert working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and other departmental software programs.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments.
- Commitment to quality and the motivation and ability to work well in a team environment required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.