Accountant II- Azusa,CA (109039)
Job Summary: Performs professional accounting duties and analysis of financial data in support of various accounting functions that may include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Property Accounting, and/or General Accounting.
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports. Prepares month-end closing journal vouchers, schedules, FRS, trial balance and cost center reports. Prepares annual reports such as auto mileage, expense reports, relocation expenses and fixed asset physical inventory.
- Reconciles and analyzes assigned accounts. Analyzes the effects of transactions, identifies, evaluates and recommends alternative means of accounting treatment.
- Performs review of payroll distribution, foreign currency transactions, management and administrative fees, ensuring accurate accounting classifications and reports variances to higher-level accounting staff.
- Assists with the implementation of accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls. Ensures the integrity of the data in the accounting system and ensures that system documentation and backup is in place.
- Perform fixed asset accounting ensuring accurate site codes, cost centers, asset lives, etc. and prepares AFE summary with resolution of unauthorized spending.
- Performs general ledger system maintenance.
- Prepares inter-company billing and reconciliation. Monitors intercompany account balances and reduces negative working capital impact of inter-company accounts. Controls hedge requests and reporting.
- Audits accounts payable checks, verifies supporting documents, authorization level, appropriateness of sales tax, vendor paid and amount.
- Identifies and reports situations not in compliance with company internal controls and recommends improvements to the accounting process to optimize internal control.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting plus three to five years professional experience in one or more areas of accounting with demonstrated ability to apply accounting theory, principles and techniques.
CPA strongly preferred.