Accounts Payable Manager (Leeds)
We are partnering with the Robert Half agency in Leeds on this vacancy so if you wish to register your interest please visit https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/jobs
Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager (Leeds)
Reports to: Head of Transactional Processing
Location: National HQ – Leeds
The Finance department provides Channel 4 with financial support and advice, ensuring the Corporation's advertising revenue is working hard to deliver our public service, creative and commercial ambitions. Channel 4 Finance works with all areas of the organisation, giving financial guidance on financial reporting, investments and all general finance matters.
The Accounts Payable team responsibilities include the processing and paying of supplier invoices, generation of royalties' statements and reimbursement of employee expenses.
To manage and motivate the Accounts Payable team and be responsible for the daily Accounts Payable operations for the Finance department.
Reporting to the Head of Transactional Processing and managing a team of 5 Accounts Payable and Royalties Coordinators, this position focuses on supplier management, invoice processing, payment scheduling, employee expenses, royalties processing, query resolution and reporting.
Working collaboratively and positively with all internal departments providing excellent service and support. Building successful working relationships and providing proactive business advice on all Accounts Payables issues.
• Provide support and motivation to the Accounts Payable team to ensure delivery of defined goals and KPI objectives. Prepare monthly reports to be reviewed by the Head of Transactional Processing and Financial Controller.
• Responsible for the Accounts Payable balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring the accurate and timely completion of month end activities.
• Ensure payment runs are processed regularly and that supporting documentation and control checks are performed and recorded for audit compliance.
• Manage the new supplier set up process ensuring that records are accurately categorised and created. Work closely with internal departments to proactively identify new suppliers prior to invoicing.
• Collaborating closely with the Treasury team to manage working capital and accurate[ forecast and identity short and long term a payment requirements.
• Manage employee expense claim process to ensure policy compliance and escalate violations as appropriate to The Head of Transactional Processing. Provide training and guidance as required to internal departments.
• Work with Head of Transactional Processing to manage relationship with third party invoice workflow and scan and capture partner. Attend quarterly reviews to ensure service levels are maintained.
• Manage invoice query and late payment resolution process, providing guidance and direction to the Accounts Payable team and organisation as required.
• Manage and maintain operational controls and procedures ensuring full audit compliance. Develop and implement best practice across the Accounts Payable function.
• Ensure that producer statements are issued in accordance with reporting deadlines and billed and un-billed invoices tracked and reported internally.
• Assist the Head of Transactional Processing to proactively identify personal development opportunities for the Accounts Payable team. Focus on maintaining performance levels, workload distribution and knowledge share.
• Design and deliver appropriate Accounts Payable reporting and management information to the Finance team and the business as required.
• Liaise with IT department to resolve system issues, identify potential improvements, and document enhancement requests. Complete full user acceptance testing before change implementation to address defects, improvements or projects.
• Closely manage the cash advance, corporate credit cards process and reconciliation ensuring that employees and/or freelancers submit expenses and cash returns promptly.
• Monitor and ensure that all transactions from payables feeder systems are successfully interfaced into Oracle Accounts Payable and General Ledger systems.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Extensive AP background minimum of 5 years' experience.
• Accounting qualification preferred but not essential.
• Experience and knowledge of Oracle and Basware
• Excellent numerical ability.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Highly organised and able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Process-focussed and methodical manner
• Works with a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong team player but able to work independently without supervision.
• Able to follow, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
• Able to identify and escalate risk or unexpected events as appropriate.
• Proven team management experience – a minimum of 2 years' managerial experience.
• Demonstrated ability of managing a team and allocating responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills, able to build, develop and maintain ongoing relationships.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude to task management.
• Provides high levels of support to customers and suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with stakeholders across multiple locations
• Ability to work and cope with multiple systems.
• Organised and disciplined approach to workload.
• Commitment to efficient and effective service, with a drive to seek and implement process improvements.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills; ability to gather facts/ statistics and identify trends/ patterns
• Ensure that Accounts Payable deadlines are respected and audit compliant.
• Identify opportunities to enhance processes and controls.
• Regularly meets with internal stakeholders and promotes Accounts Payable requirements