Accounts Payable Processor
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Processor to work on HS2 Main Works. As an Accounts Payable Process, you will be responsible for supporting the Project Accountant within the project’s core team with the focus on costs recharged to the project from its JV partners and all central finance functions on the project. The role reports directly to the Project Accountant.
- Project Accounting - Integrity of costs and accuracy & transaction processing
- Financial control, Governance, segregation of duties & process flows
- Maintenance of sound financial controls, in line with JV guidelines, ensuring that all applicable requirements can be met at all times
- General administration of finance information and data, ensuring records are maintained for an adequate period, kept securely and sufficient information is kept to meet group requirements.
- Ensure all invoices and GRNS are processed in a timely and accurate manner including VAT rates and receipts
- Manage invoice approval process so that suppliers are paid in line with their contracted Terms and Conditions.
- Maintain accurate records of costs not included within the system for accrual at period end
- Maintain supplier statement reconciliations in line with the JV requirements and proactively resolve differences within the ledgers and supplier statements.
- Confirm all approvals are in line with the JV agreed Delegated Financial Authority levels.
- Carry out regular reviews of GRN accruals to ensure costs are not duplicated in the system
- Maintain and manage the process for JV Credit cards
- Help develop and map processes for the accounts payable function that will ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Become the main point of contact for suppliers with payment or invoice queries delivery excellent customer services
- Assist with other project related tasks as required
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes:
- GCSE or Equivalent: Grades A*-C (including mathematics and english)
- Excel, IT & Communication Skills
- Good attention to detail
- Takes ownership of output
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Previous experience ideally in a similar role within the construction industry
- Experience of using a computerised accounting system (E1)
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.