Accounts Receivable Manager (Leeds)
We are partnering with the Robert Half agency in Leeds on this vacancy so if you wish to register your interest please visit https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/jobs
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Manager
Reports to: Head of Transactional Processing
Location: National HQ – Leeds
The Finance department provides Channel 4 with financial support and advice, ensuring the Corporation's advertising revenue is working hard to deliver our public service, creative and commercial ambitions. Channel 4 Finance works with all areas of the organisation, giving financial guidance on financial reporting, investments and all general finance matters.
The Accounts Receivable team is responsible for providing billing, collection, risk management and associated support to all revenue generating departments.
To manage and motivate the Accounts Receivable team and be responsible for the daily Accounts Receivables operations for the Finance department.
Reporting to the Head of Transactional Processing and managing a team of 4 Accounts Receivables Coordinators, this position focuses on credit control, cash collection, credit insurance and billing processes for all advertising, sponsorship and other revenue generating activities.
Working collaboratively and positively with all internal departments providing excellent service and support. Building successful working relationships and providing proactive business advice on all Accounts Receivable issues.
• Provide support and motivation to the Accounts Receivable team to ensure delivery of defined goals and KPI objectives. Prepare monthly reports to be reviewed by the Head of Transactional Processing and Financial Controller
• Responsible for the Accounts Receivable balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring accurate and timely completion of month end activities.
• Manage the new customer set up process ensuring that applications are accurately assessed. Work closely with internal departments to proactively identify new business prior to campaign booking.
• Ensure that risk exposure reports are prepared, reviewed and approved on a regular basis. Review pro-forma billing to ensure pre-pay clients have paid prior to transmission.
• Work with the Head of Transactional Processing to secure and manage third party trade debtor insurance. Attend quarterly reviews with provider to ensure service levels are maintained.
• Prepare cash collection targets and monitor performance and results to ensure cash receipts are maximised and older balances cleared.
• Ensure that the Accounts Receivable team apply and allocate cash receipts promptly and accurately and focus on clearing unidentified or unapplied balances.
• Manage invoice query and late payment resolution process, providing guidance and direction to the Accounts Receivable team and organisation as required.
• Manage and maintain operational controls and procedures ensuring full audit compliance. Develop and implement best practice across the Accounts Receivable function.
• Assist the Head of Transactional Processing to proactively identify personal development opportunities for the Accounts Receivable team. Focus on maintaining performance levels, workload distribution and knowledge share.
• Design and deliver appropriate Accounts Receivable reporting and management information to the Finance team and the business as required.
• Liaise with IT department to resolve system issues, identify potential improvements, and document enhancement requests. Complete full user acceptance testing before change implementation to address defects, improvements or projects.
• Manage the invoice billing process ensuring that revenue has been correctly coded and successfully interfaced into Oracle Accounts Receivable and General Ledger systems.
• Directly manage the credit and collection processes for strategic customers as required.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Extensive AR background minimum of 5 years' experience.
• Accounting qualification preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of Oracle.
• Good numerical ability.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Highly organised and able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Process-focussed and methodical manner, high level of attention to detail
• Strong team player but able to work independently without supervision.
• Able to follow, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
• Able to identify and escalate risk or unexpected events as appropriate.
• Minimum of 2 years' managerial experience.
• Demonstrated ability of managing a team and allocating responsibilities.
• Excellent communication skills, able to build, develop and maintain ongoing relationships.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude to task management.
• Provides high levels of support to customers and suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with stakeholders across multiple locations
• Ability to work and cope with multiple systems.
• Organised and disciplined approach to workload.
• Commitment to efficient and effective service, with a drive to seek and implement process improvements.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills; ability to gather facts I statistics and identify trends / patterns
• Ensure that Accounts Receivable deadlines are respected and audit compliant.
• Identify opportunities to enhance processes and controls.
• Regularly meets with internal stakeholders and promotes Accounts Receivable requirements