Administrative Assistant (108318)
Are you a Resourcer?
Veolia helps its customers to improve their energy efficiency, better manage their buildings, their water and wastewater and transform their waste into resources. We do this by finding safe, cost-effective and innovative solutions that we provide to our many clients (companies, garages, hospitals, municipalities, etc.). These make us THE global reference in the environment.
To fully participate in Canada's circular economy, we can count on more than 1500 employees like you! Currently, we are recruiting our next resource person whose role will be:
Administrative Assistant in Merritt, British Columbia.
The Merritt Green Energy Plant is a 40MW biomass electric generating plant currently operating in Merritt, British Columbia, Canada. It started commercial operation in the spring of 2018. The plant is operated and maintained by Veolia with a staff of approximately 30 FTE under a 30 year guaranteed performance contract.
Provides office administrative and book-keeping services by developing and implementing office systems, procedures and policies. The Administrative Assistant will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication and to ensure all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and are delivered with high quality in a timely manner. Responsibilities may include fielding / screening telephone calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; purchasing assistance; customer relations. Duties may include receiving and directing visitors, word processing and creating spreadsheets and presentations using the Google suite of products, purchasing, filing, book-keeping and preparing payroll, expense and other required periodic reports.
Initial point of contact for visitors and fields, screens and directs telephone calls
Maintains employee records (time, training, safety records, etc.) and other files in a logical, confidential, easy to use manner
Handles mail and courier services
Completes travel, meeting and event arrangements; may be required to record meeting minutes
Ensures operation of office equipment by having preventative maintenance requirements completed, organizing repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating potential new equipment and techniques
Makes trips to town to pick up miscellaneous supplies when needed
May manage office related vendor contracts to create good working relationships and place purchase orders using SAP based software
Create new vendors in Coupa system and work with procurement when needed
Develop solutions for any administrative issues; continually looking for improvement and efficiencies
May participate in investigations/analysis of equipment related incidents including preparing reports and implementing corrective actions
Work with management on weekly reports and expenses
other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years experience in an administrative capacity
- College diploma or book keeping experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure with a high volume of transactions
- Strong organizational, research and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate taking initiative, turning business needs into action plans and leading on these initiatives
- Demonstration of excellent customer service
- Ability to be flexible, problem solve effectively and apply consistent conflict resolution skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Knowledge Microsoft Suite Software; Google suite experience an asset
- Experience in a multi-company environment with purchase order management an asset
- Previous experience working in an industrial or safety sensitive/plant environment an asset
- Occasional travel