Aerodrome Certification Manager
This is your chance to join an organisation that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we’re playing our part in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK. As we move into 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
Our Airport Operations team plays a crucial role at the heart of one of the busiest airports in the world. With more than 1,400 arriving and departing flights on a normal day, Airport Operations work with customers and suppliers to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the airfield and aircraft. It’s an exciting place to work, where every decision taken has a real impact on the way the whole airport operates.
You’ll join a high-performing team with a diverse skillset and a shared passion to make every journey better. You’ll be part of a function that not only delivers a safe and efficient operation every day but is also at the cutting edge of innovation, crafting and delivering new technology and infrastructure. Whether your role is to improve process efficiency, monitor aircraft movements or oversee safety measures, you’ll be vital to the continuing smooth running of our airport.
Join Airport Operations and be an incredibly important part of our recovery, as we prepare to ramp up and welcome passengers back to the airport.
Your role will involve:
- Being responsible for ensuring changes to airside infrastructure, development and planning, and for meeting licensing requirements.
- Coordinating the programme of works across the airfield infrastructure with our internal teams
- Engaging with the CAA Safety Regulation Group (SRG) on the Change Management process, ensuring notification and approval for proposed active or planned initiatives is gained in relation to the changes to the EASA Certification basis.
- Supporting the development of Airside operational policies and standards for future assets, infrastructure, technology and process developments
- Supporting the Works Approvals team in ensuring that operational safety and performance considerations are given to airfield works
- Monitoring and report on delivery of Airfield Changes and Developments
These skills are essential:
- Excellent understanding the core factors of Airfield operations and policy or guidelines standards (CAP 1168 and EASA) and Airport Operations, Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management pertinent to both the existing standard and future legislative implementing rules.
- Expertise in project management planning and delivery
- Experience of regulatory engagement
- A valid UK driving Licence
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A proven in track record influencing and negotiation across broad levels internally and externally
- Significant experience of airside operations
- Degree Qualification in an appropriate discipline (e.g., Civil engineering, Aviation) or equivalent academic achievement
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further.