Airfield Planner (Secondment)
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as a Airfield Planner and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
The role purpose of the Airfield Planner is to support the long-term development of the airfield masterplan from an airfield planning and operational perspective, covering the period from 2020 to 2050+. Support the relationship with CAA Safety and Airspace Regulation Group (SARG) and ICAO for aerodrome safety.
Your role will involve:
- Continually reviewing future stand capacity assessments.
- Working with Capacity Managers to forecast pier service and communicate regularly with airlines and internal teams.
- Supporting the future airfield development strategy for runways, taxiways and aprons.
- Supporting the development of business cases to secure sponsorship for new projects, including articulation of the problem and the range of solutions available to Heathrow.
- Managing and working closely with consultants, either directly engaged or working on Development projects.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Proven capability in delivering airfield projects and understand of regulation.
- Proven experience on issues of airfield planning and operations, supported management of virtual teams to deliver business objectives as necessary.
- Good communications with strong credibility borne out of specialist understanding.
- Cross functional but primarily Airfield design and Operations, Development and the wider Expansion team with other external agencies.
- Ability to synthesise the complexities of Heathrow and present solutions.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION