Airwatch (MDM) Implementation Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions is a leading global Public Safety and Government communications technology solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in Public Safety networks, devices and applications. We are committed to creating maximum value for our customers by providing competitive solutions and services.
The ESN OSS Design Team is responsible for Operational Support Systems within the ESN Programme including Device Management.
The ESN AirWatch Specialist will work collaboratively with the UK Home Office to deliver the mobile device management solution.
The AirWatch Specialist is required to work with a multi-discipline, multi-site programme team with responsibility for the mobile device management solution.
The role holder will directly influence the development, and delivery of the solution, working closely with VMware AirWatch.
Please Note: This role is a 6 Month FTC (Employed).
The role is based in the Basingstoke office during the Mobilisation phase of the ESN Programme. There will be occasional travel to Rugby customer, supplier and satellite locations in the UK.
The role will report to the ESN Design Manager.
Stakeholder engagement and close working relationships with:
• OSS Project Manager;
• OSS workstream Lead
• Motorola Solutions ESN Design, Integration, Test and Security teams;
• UK Home Office (Customer)
• 3rd Party test house.
The key responsibilities of the AirWatch Specialist include but are not limited to;
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for AirWatch, including processes, technical components, interfaces, and security;
- Own the detailed design, low level design, solution description, identify and create any customer facing supporting information;
- Lead the implementation of AirWatch: installation, configuration and testing.
- Analyse the customer requirements and translate into platform and client configuration;
- Create and lead any AirWatch feature requests;
- Support Integration and Test teams, reviewing test cases;
- Evaluation of the impact on the Device Management platform arising from AirWatch product developments and device changes (e.g. new device OS/versions)
- Extensive experience in the design and deployment of on premise solutions AirWatch;
- AirWatch accredited qualification;
- In-depth understanding of mobile device architectures and capabilities with experience of working with multiple device operating systems (Android, Windows, iOS);
- Experience of mobile device WAN and WLAN configuration and operation;
- Experience of MDM integration with Active Directory and other Enterprise IT systems;
- Knowledge of mobile security, communication, and user authentication;
- Good communication skills and confidence to present solutions to potential customers;
- Technical understanding of how to test commercial Mobile Devices, Operating Systems and Applications for different OS types;
- Hands-on experience in, but not limited to, Android-based mobile software development for mobile application, kernel driver, interface, and components.
The following skills are considered highly desirable:
- Knowledge of SIMOTA technologies, specifically
- Good understanding of mobile communications technologies and architectures including relevant 3GPP standards
- Knowledge of IT Service Management including ITIL standards and service management tools (e.g. BMC Remedy);
- Experience of providing administrator and end user training;
- Understanding of Enterprise IT Security including an awareness of UK CESG/NCSC policies
In order to apply successfully, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The candidate will ideally already hold a current UK Security Clearance, or be willing to undergo Security vetting, following a Baseline Personnel Security Screening (BPSS) check.
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.