Analytical Scientist Level 1
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an innovative and motivated senior analytical scientist, who has greater than 10 years’ experience as an Analytical Method Development scientist and would like to become part of an expanding Analytical Method Development Team within Aesica Pharmaceuticals, Cramlington.
The candidate will be part of a team that supports new projects coming into the department, optimisation, re-development and validation of current methods as well as batch release to support small scale manufacture of established products, this role reports directly into the Analytical Team Leader.
Key aspects of the role are:
• Lead method development & validation of raw materials, intermediates and final products methods for new and established products.
• Lead analytical support to the Chemical Development Group for process optimisation.
• Review and report analytical results in alignment with data integrity principles.
• Solving analysis and instrumentation problems encountered within the laboratory
• Supervision and training of less experienced team members.
• Involvement in regulatory submission writing
• Completion of batch analysis to predefined procedures in alignment with GMP for small scale manufactured products.
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience:
• A degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Analysis
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience within pharmaceutical API or product development completing method development, validation and analysis across all phases of development.
• Good analytical skills in laboratory techniques of GC, HPLC, IR and wet chemistry
• Thorough understanding of the GLP documentation requirements of a laboratory
• Excellent written/recording skills
• Excellent organisational ability
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Self-Motivated and Innovative
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel that they can be their real and authentic selves whilst being treated with dignity and respect. We are always happy to explore flexible working and we are a proud member of the disability confident employer scheme. In short we are an equal opportunity employer who will review your application based solely on your skills, experience & potential.
What we offer
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our colleagues including:
27 days holiday plus statutory holidays
3% employer contribution to pension scheme
Group life assurance
Employee share schemes
Employee referral scheme
We are a leading pharmaceutical CDMO and part of Consort Medical Group, renowned for developing and manufacturing both APIs and finished dose forms to the pharmaceutical industry. We are constantly developing the technical and analytical skills of our people to ensure that we are capable of meeting the ever-changing demands of our customers. Our state-of-the-art facilities are home to around 1,300 colleagues across six development, manufacturing and operational sites in the UK, Germany and Italy.
The culture at Aesica is driven by five core values. Integrity drives mutual Respect. Integrity and Respect are the basis for Team Work. Integrity, Respect and Team Work promote a Results Driven and Customer Focused culture.
Integrity > Respect > Team Work > Results Driven > Customer Focus