Title: Application Specialist
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Sidcup, Kent or Stratford, London
Salary: £52,000 - £58,000 pa depending on experience
Closing date for completed applications: 24th July 2019
Telephone Interviews: 29th July 2019
Interviews will be held on: 1st August 2019
We are looking for an IT Application Specialist to join a talented team who are responsible for Applications maintenance and day to day applications support for all business applications L&Q utilise.
The Application Specialist is responsible for ensuring all business applications and their respective functionality are available to the business by:
· Helping to define and subsequently adhering to SLAs and metrics
· Monitoring and maintaining application health
· Responding to and ensuring resolution of production issues
· Providing subject matter and domain expertise
· Supporting development and maintenance activities.
The Application Specialist works collaboratively in a cross functional team, sharing specialist knowledge of our business applications and technologies, applying it to create lasting effective solutions and viable workarounds, and resolving issues. The successful candidate will demonstrate a rounded IT experience in Applications Support and ITSM
Formal Education & Certification
· ITIL Foundation
· Agile Methodology
· C#.Net and SQL Database
Knowledge & Experience
· Extensive TSQL scripting and TSQL performance analysis skills
· Strong SSIS and SSRS skills
· Ability to read, interpret, understand, and debug C#.NET
· Highly effective systems analysis and problem solving with the ability to define workarounds to issues
· Solid understanding of ITSM processes and tools
· Solid understanding of ITIL
· Demonstrable experience in a technical support role
· Demonstrable experience working in an Out of Hours/On Call support environment
· Demonstrable experience of working in a highly collaborative, agile environment
· Demonstrable experience working effectively within a cross functional team
· Demonstrable experience working in a medium-large IT organisation
· Demonstrable experience of configuring and analysing performance and functionality issues in on-prem and cloud-based COTS applications partnering with vendors
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.