Apprentice - Associate Project Manager (London based)
Posted: 5 Feb 2020 Closes: 16 Mar 2020
DescriptionAs a Project Management Apprentice, you’ll transform insight into impact. With real responsibilities, you’ll discover how to organise, plan and make decisions about how we’ll build the new railway - and transform Britain. You will provide Project Management support to the project teams to assist with ensuring our delivery partners deliver according to time, cost, quality, safety and environmental specifications.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College. As part of the Apprenticeship, you will gain an internationally recognised Level 4 qualification in Project Management.
About the role:
Project Stakeholder Management
- Support HS2 subject matter experts assigned to assist the delivery of project tasks
- Liaise with the Project Team, Directorate and functional teams on a regular basis
- Support the Project Management Team to assure the management of health, safety and security by the appointed supply chain meets the required standards
- Monitor, analyse and advise where appropriate on project in relation to time, cost and resource
Risk and issue management
- Work with Project Management Team to identify and analyse project risks, including providing support in the development of contingency plans through appropriate risk management/mitigation strategies
- Support Project Managers to review and manage works information where required
- Support Project Management Team in the development of routine reports to enable effective decision making
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Collaborative Working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- IT: Knowledge of and experience of using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.