Apprentice - Business Administration
Posted: 5 Feb 2020 Closes: 16 Mar 2020
DescriptionThis Business Administrator Apprenticeship role will deliver support and engagement to differing areas of the organisation whilst interacting with Internal and External Stakeholders. With a focus on adding value, the role of the business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The Business Administrator will be involved with document production and retention, process improvement and implementation, project management and business wide communications.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College.
About the role:
- Produce accurate records and documents such as: emails, reports, corporate reports, action trackers and forward planning pipelines, whilst making recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain records and files, handle confidential material in accordance with HS2 Ltd paper classifications, offering advice to others in this regard when required.
- Understanding business policies and processes including laws and regulations whilst in the role.
- Approach and complete tasks to a high standard, whilst demonstrating a satisfactory level of expertise and to continuously improve work and offer suggestions for improvements to processes where applicable.
- Use relevant project management principles where appropriate to plan, monitor and produce reports, as well as lead and undertake project when required
- Endeavour to be proactive always but seek advice from more senior team members when appropriate.
- Take up opportunities to support projects and workstreams in differing teams e.g. legal, counter fraud, insurance, delivery.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills whether face to face, by telephone, using digital platforms or in writing.
- Resourcefulness in initiating and completing tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to ddeliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- Problem Solving skills: Identify problems, generate and form ideas to resolve issues
- IT: skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
About Us:High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.