Apprentice - Community Engagement
records and stakeholders updated. You will be required to deliver to agreed deadlines and standards and ensure projects meet objectives.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying towards the Cultural Learning and Participation Officer Apprenticeship.
This includes collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, contractors and partners and supporting the front-facing engagement teams to ensure engagement and communications are relevant, co-ordinated, consistent, timely and accessible to those communities that may be affected by the route.
About the role:
- Using insights, work with the wider team to define, implement and manage a series of defined projects that will assist the directorate in achieving their strategic goals. These may include bespoke community or cultural projects, or support wider engagement programmes such as archaeology, Health and Safety, the environment, designing local visitor centres and others.
- Ensure accountabilities within the team are defined and linked to performance objectives and KPIs
- Working with colleagues in creative services and the supply chain, ensure that all external facing materials are appropriately branded or co-branded.
- Support management of the HS2 suppliers including adherence to all HS2 processes, consistency of approach for all Phases and teams, defining and evaluating performance against defined KPIs and ongoing agency management
- Support with the development of workshops to ensure the wider organisation understands the scope of the engagement team and what information and support is required to deliver an effective engagement programme.
- Commission filming and photography to capture the project stories
- Commission and capture case studies across the directorate, ensuring a library of content is accessible to all and a process is in place.
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Collaborative Working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- Presentation skills: The ability to produce and present information to a variety of audiences.
- IT Systems and Software: Knowledge of a variety of IT systems, digital and social media platforms
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.