Apprentice - Cyber Security (Birmingham based)
About the role:
- Analysis of access control systems
- Analysis of security events via use of security dashboards
- Supporting IT Security Operations Analyst in daily tasks
- Identify suspicious events and investigate
- Identify weaknesses in systems
- Use and develop automation of security analysis
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Collaborative Working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Analytical skills: The ability to analyse complex information and identify patterns and trends
- IT: skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with HS2 company values.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />