Apprentice Mechanical Technician
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to complete and advanced modern apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering within a fast paced pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Northumberland.
As part of your training and apprenticeship, you will be exposed to all aspects of on-site engineering operations and learn a trade which will help establish your future career.
You will work within the Engineering department following an approved Modern Apprenticeship Scheme.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join an established company, working in the Pharma industry. As part of your apprenticeship, you will be exposed to all aspects of site engineering and maintenance and learn key skills which will help establish your future career.
As an Apprentice you will:
• Receive current GMP, Health & Safety, Compliance and Environmental awareness training.
• Carry out mechanical Isolations and reinstatements working in accordance to a Permit to Work System.
• Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance work, statutory inspections and breakdown/reactive work within a hazardous area environment.
• Carry out scheduled inspection, testing & maintenance of mechanical equipment.
• Work with other members of the Engineering team to ensure that departmental objectives are achieved.
• Gain an understanding of all relevant operational processes associated with the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Intermediates (API).
• Through on the job training gain a understanding of the principles of API and chemicals manufacture.
• You must be a driven individual, not afraid of getting your hands dirty and be committed to learning to develop your career.
• A team player with a drive to succeed.
• Willing to learn new skills and knowledge within a highly regulated industry
• Willing to question existing practices with a drive to improve our operation and performance.
• Minimum of two GCSEs at grades A to C or 4 to 9 in Maths and English.
What we offer
• On-the-job apprenticeship training resulting in a nationally recognised qualification
-PEO – Preforming Engineering Operations
-BTEC NVQ Level 3 in Maintenance Engineering
-HNC Mechanical Engineering
• Career guidance with opportunities for progression.
• Competitive apprentice wage.
• 27 days annual leave entitlement.
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We are a leading pharmaceutical CDMO and part of Consort Medical Group, renowned for developing and manufacturing both APIs and finished dose forms to the pharmaceutical industry. We are constantly developing the technical and analytical skills of our people to ensure that we are capable of meeting the ever-changing demands of our customers. Our state-of-the-art facilities are home to around 1,300 colleagues across six development, manufacturing and operational sites in the UK, Germany and Italy.
The culture at Aesica is driven by five core values. Integrity drives mutual Respect. Integrity and Respect are the basis for Team Work. Integrity, Respect and Team Work promote a Results Driven and Customer Focused culture.
Integrity > Respect > Team Work > Results Driven > Customer Focus