Asset Engineer - Heathrow Baggage
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
As an Asset Engineer - Heathrow Baggage, you’ll help us to make every journey better. Our passengers give us their trust. They trust us not only to get them to their destination safely, but also their luggage – holding everything from day-to-day items to family keepsakes. And in Baggage, you’ll uphold our promise to get every bag on every plane, for every passenger. So, whether you’re handling airline relations, ensuring our equipment is in order, or overseeing the smooth-running of our operations, you’ll impact the lives of millions. That’s not all – we also want you to feel engaged and happy. We can give you all the training and support you need to grow your skills and thrive at Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- The management of the specific baggage systems and assets through their whole life cycle
- Providing technical and performance expertise in order to drive improved standards and continuous
- improvements in cost, quality, availability and safety in line with an integrated asset management plan
- The responsibility for the technical standards and model installations of the specific assets and systems. It will also include the promotion and standardisation Asset Management procedures, including the use of the asset management database, across the airport
- Ensuring that the assets are assessed/audited, against the HAL standards, for performance, criticality, risk and condition
- Working with the Development Teams and getting involved with the asset selection process
We’re looking for people who have:
- A relevant science or engineering-based degree or an engineering-based qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3
- Broad knowledge and experience of implementing best practice in the maintenance and operation of plant, systems & infrastructure assets
- The ability to interpret technical information and documentation, including drawings
- Experience in leading challenging discussions with stakeholders (both internal & external) around the need for change and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use data and judgement effectively in order to drive continuous improvements in asset performance and develop robust solutions to business problems
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.