This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as an Asset Integrator and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
Working in the Asset Integration team within On-Airport Delivery this management role ensures that the asset information held within the Heathrow asset register and documentation database is kept accurate.
This role validates all new assets, so they can be delivered fully prepared to the engineering, baggage, commercial and operational teams with the required level of information and resources to enable effective maintenance and safe operation; carried out within the boundaries of Heathrow standards and other existing maintenance processes.
The role is a key stakeholder in the delivery of timely and successful projects to the business, ensuring all asset deliverables are fully integrated throughout the project lifecycle.
Your role will involve:
- Maintaining an effective Lifecycle Asset Model for all Heathrow assets,to enable assets to be maintained safely, renewed and developed to match current and future business requirements safely and economically, ensuring these are integrated effectively into business planning processes.
- Reviewing all project and ‘business as usual’ supplied information, and sign off certificates of compliance at each gateway, working closely with the Facilities/Asset Managers to elicit functionality requirements of each asset.
- Working with the programme and delivery project managers to ensure the successful delivery of the projects within the Quinquennium Portfolio, while directing, educating and supporting the supply chain so they will deliver to Heathrow correct asset documentation and certification.
- Bringing Into Use process subject matter experts for all projects, provide governance support and ensure proactive engagement and professional collaboration with the wider development team and supply chain throughout all stages and gateways of the project and asset lifecycle.
- Interfacing between the project delivery/programme teams and the maintenance teams to ensure all aspects of maintenance are understood and resources supplied, including but not limited to training, maintenance equipment, documentation and access are in place prior to handover.
- Ensuring that OPEX for operating and maintaining assets has been assessed and budgets agreed as part of design decisions, and this is incorporated into the Life Cycle Cost model, 5 year OPEX plans.
- Providing stakeholder management with both external customers (i.e. airlines) and also Heathrow operational teams, and to work collaboratively with the Heathrow Asset managers and Chief Engineers to ensure all engineering handover deliverables are met
- Managing all defects, snagging and warranty claims/actions as a result of project activities within their area of control and add value to the project business benefits review.
- Ensuring that all relevant spare parts for integrated assets are coded and available for use by the maintenance teams before the point of handover, and that all training requirements are met.
- Leading and encouraging the creation of a constructive culture, working collaboratively with engineering operations management, frontline staff and stakeholders
- To ensure all project documentation and handover deliverables for engineering and ATIC are provided on time, to the right quality and using the correct tools to enable effective integration of assets. Also integrating those assets into the current Heathrow Asset Management database.
- To Ensure that Criticality assessment is undertaken and that Safety and Business Critical assets are highlighted and maintenance plans adjusted accordingly.
We’re looking for people who have:
- An engineering based qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience of supporting best practice in the maintenance and operation of plant and infrastructure assets.
- Good team skills, engaging and motivated to follow and pursue a vision.
- Broad, transferable knowledge of a wide range of assets, systems and improvement methodologies relevant to the airport.
- Collaborative working skills are essential, as is the ability to model and demonstrate appropriate behaviours to implement the change.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.