Asset Maximisation Manager (Construction Services)
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
This newly created role requires a proactive and versatile Asset Maximisation Manager to help shape this key strategic role within the Growth and Development division.
This role has the option to be based close to any of key working offices and will require travel within the Midlands and East of England to our assets.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver an excellent Housing Development Programme by creating valuable partnerships with local authorities, developers, landowners and agents enabling us to put our customers first. We can therefore build new affordable homes, foster positive communities, and provide great services, which ultimately filters into to what we at Longhurst Group stand for, “making a difference” and “improving lives”.
As our Asset Maximisation Manager you will:
- Assume responsibility for the development of the Group’s Asset Maximisation Strategies, reviewing the Group’s current housing portfolio and providing recommendations for consideration of the stock and the investment required.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure any review of an asset to well considered and reflective of the views and requirements of the residents for future years.
- Provide robust market tested option appraisals to categorise and prioritise the recommended investment in the Group’s stock which is appropriate for its use and location.
- Provide recommendations based on current and future legislation from a compliance and environmental perspective.
- Prioritise the team’s efforts in delivering a asset review strategy in a timely and professional manner.
Our ideal candidate will ideally possess excellent organisational skills, good communication skills and knowledge of providing professional considered asset management appraisals with a view to regenerating, re-developing or the disposal of assets.
You will be an open-minded self-starter, happy to share ideas and expertise and equally happy to listen to and learn from others. You will also be a real team player, enjoying working with customers and colleagues to achieve outstanding results.
Our Asset Maximisation Manager will:
- Desirably, be a member of RICS, with degree level education or equivalent through relevant experience.
- Possess essential knowledge of construction techniques including operational functionality and be familiar with asset related legal requirements with reference to stock disposal.
- Possess a demonstrable understanding of current legislation and proposed changes to Building Regulations, Environment Legislation and Building/Fire Reforms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a complex asset appraisal process and commercial acumen which is essential to this post.
If you want to be at the forefront of change and innovation at an exciting time for our business and truly want to make a difference, we look forward to meeting you!
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 21st April at midday
Interview date 30th April - Remote interviews will be held via MS Teams tbc.