Assistant Communications Manager, Home Care
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Purpose “To create a movement for sustainable growth as a trusted business”
- Strengthen trust in our brands, our company and our people, shaping our reputation as the leader in sustainable business
- Build employee engagement and advocacy for Unilever as a purpose-led, future-fit business
- Deliver growth and savings through policy outcomes, strategic issues management and supporting brands with purpose
This is a fantastic, varied assistant communications manager role for someone who is interested in joining a busy, passionate & driven team, working on accelerating the growth of our key Global HC brands and USLP agenda.
As a member of the Home Care Global Communications and Sustainability team, you will be primarily asked to drive and deliver a busy and fast-paced internal communications agenda with a view to build a highly energised globally aligned community with a full understanding of the Home Care Strategy. In addition, you will have the opportunity to support the Director and Manager in the delivery of the external communications plan (Media, PR, Issues and Advocacy).
The ideal candidate for this role is someone creative, pro-active, efficient and driven, with excellent organisational and communication skills. We are looking for someone with a nose for a news story, a flare for taking ideas and helping to bring them to life in a creative and engaging way, a talent for visual communications and a basic command of graphic design and video editing.
The position requires you to work with a range of senior stakeholders and some of Unilever’s biggest brands.
- Managing the end-to-end internal communications funnel, including planning, sourcing of editorial leads (both global & local), bringing content to life in an exciting and engaging way, and managing the HC communications channels (including global HC newsletter, Yammer etc.) targeting 3k+ global network.
- Propose an editorial calendar for internal communications
- Supervises the commissioning, content creation and delivery of local and global internal communication materials, on budget and on time
- Acts as the link to the Global Communications function to update the Global Content Team
- Monitors traffic and performance of comms, regularly reviewing analytics with a view to increase readability, where possible.
- Manages production of creative content and global Town Halls with a view to engage the HC teams on the HC Strategy.
- Manage the production of creative content and logistics of 1HC, Home Care’s biggest event, with the Strategy Team.
- With Support from the Apprentice, the ongoing management of communication projects, materials and assets.
- Owns distribution list and segmented lists tailored to audiences
- Source analytics and continuously propose ideas to increase the impact of internal communications
- Supports the team in ensuring Home Care is well represented at key Unilever events throughout the year (e.g. annual Change Leaders Conference, quarterly results etc.).
- Manages budgets and raises PO’s on behalf of the team
- Support the delivery of the Home Care Learning Week
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to confidently and independently devise and deliver a work plan against simultaneous, multiple tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and agile mindset to comfortably move across projects within the team when required
- Shows creative flair for challenging the status quo by generating innovative ideas and solutions
- Comfortable with taking full accountability for project he/she leads
- Ability to build relationships with an international network and influence key stakeholders across different levels in and outside of the organisation.
- Delivery of communications campaigns with strong, measurable results
- Demonstrate a high degree of maturity with strong interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated
- Ability to cope with demanding workloads and frequent tight deadlines
- Curious mindset to learn, grow and develop
- Appetite to develop skills in the field of video editing, graphic design, digital …
- Excellent project and budget management
- Digital, including content management systems, websites, Sharepoint.
- Strong powerpoint, word and excel skills (project management and multiple stakeholder presentations)
- Curious mindset to learn, grow and develop their career journey
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com