Assistant Engineering Manager
The role of an Assistant Engineering Manager for I&M and Ground Movement will be to support the Engineering Manager to manage the risks of our construction works causing damage to third party assets. This will involve the processing and review of Design House ground movement deliverables, the design and implementation of mitigation measures for third party assets and the interpretation of and response to ground movement monitoring data.
- This role will cover the following areas, supporting the Engineering Manager to:
- Manage the prediction and monitoring of ground movements against predicted values
- Manage the design and implementation of mitigation measures to reduce the risk to third part assets
- Produce and implement the emergency response plans to excessive ground movement
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in response to ground movement and/or damage to 3rd party assets, including utilities, sensitive buildings and rail infrastructure
- Ensure the required attendance at ground movement review meetings and the production and distribution of required reports
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes:
- Chartered (or near Chartered) member of the ICE or equivalent (desirable)
- Engineering, Design or Design Management experience in Geotechnics, Ground Movement or Instrumentation and Monitoring (essential)
- Construction experience (essential) in tunneling, SCL, deep excavations or underground structures (desirable)
- Temporary works experience (desirable)
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.