Assistant Finance Manager – GCAD Accountant
Assistant Finance Manager – GCAD Accountant
Location: 100VE, Blackfriars
Salary: Up to £40,000
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
At Unilever, Finance is about so much more than numbers. It’s the lifeblood of our business – touching every area, informing multi-million-euro decisions and directly influencing the development, growth and health of our brands, and through them our vision to build a better business and a better world.
Your influence will directly determine the future of our brands and our whole business. Our Finance teams are tasked with the financial operation, auditing, accountancy and tax management of Unilever as a whole. At our root, we believe that sustainable business growth is only possible when you bring together the best purpose-led talent, and that is what you will find in our teams. From Finance Business Partners to Accountants to the broad range of specialists in Expertise Services, everyone works together to achieve our ambitions.
The role is based in our Global Head Office in Blackfriars. Located in the heart of London, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym and a medical centre. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful rooftop terrace in the summer our letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
The Group Chief Accountants Department (GCAD) is the primary custodian for Unilever’s Group financial & management reporting and Global Financial Controls Framework, manages the global audit relationship with KPMG, determines and ensures adherence to Unilever’s accounting policies, and many other projects related to how Unilever measures its performance and presents and communicates this to the external world.
The Reporting, Accounting and Training Expertise (RATE) team within GCAD focuses on the external accounting and reporting compliance and developments and leads the training agenda for accounting and controls.
This role focuses on supporting the accounting expertise team and the wider Unilever finance to ensure that the Group’s financial statements are in compliance with our accounting policies and IFRS. The role does not expect a complete understanding of all accounting standards, but a willingness to learn, respond to issues and interpret them is crucial.
Reporting & Accounting expertise
- Supporting global teams in ensuring the Groups accounting policies are applied consistently and correctly
- Track external accounting developments
- Interpretation of new accounting standards and ensuring readiness for application by the Group
- Preparation of annual immaterial items assessment
- Support the preparation of accounting white papers for the Groups significant and unusual transactions
- Support Unilever’s interpretation and implementation of areas of accounting complexity
- Preparation of quarterly parent company accounts for Board review and approval of Group dividends
- Provide consistent, high quality advice to the business on the application of Unilever’s accounting policies
- Ad hoc related assignments within GCAD
- Support the Group audit process
- Support the GCAD operations team with technical accounting issues and questions
- Active participation in GCAD’s ongoing and/or new projects, as identified by the Senior Manager of Accounting Expertise or Director of RATE
ALL ABOUT YOU
- A qualified accountant or in the final stages of completing qualification exams
- Good interpersonal skills to build rapport with various stakeholder
- (Desirable) Corporate centre experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.