Assistant Financial Accountant
Position Title: Assistant Financial Accountant
Business Unit: Finance
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Hong Kong
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
The Role / Position Overview
Handling accounting tasks and maintaining compliance for a project between Nikkei and FT.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and ensuring the accuracy
- Preparing journals with month-end schedules and analysis
- Reconciling all the transactions between operations system and the Finance system and resolving discrepancies.
- Reviewing and managing the financial process for continuous improvement and enhancement
- Liaising and cooperating with Printing and Distribution department in Hong Kong and Accounting Services team in Manila to:
assist in handling customer receipts monitor vendor payments prepare monthly statements and invoices issuance prepare monthly Cash flow projection resolve inquiries and handle ad-hoc tasks & other duties as assigned and required
Required Skills / Experience
- Diploma or Degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines , or equivalent qualification in professional institutions
- Relevant accounting experience
- Able to work independently, willing to learn and strike for improvement, detail-minded with strong sense of responsibility
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership and commitment to tasks and time with great attention to details
- Good communication skills and a good team player who can build and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business communities
- Proficient in excel
- Immediate available is preferred
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
- 20 days of Annual Leave
- 20 weeks of maternity leave and 6 weeks of paternity leave
- Life insurance, Medical & Dental Scheme (extended to spouse and children)
- Flexible Working