Assistant Media Manager - Maternity Cover
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Assistant Media Manager is part of the UK& Ireland Media team in Leatherhead. The Media team facilitates the development of advertising and media solutions for all Unilever's brands in the UK/ Ireland MCO. The UK&I Media team are responsible for ensuring all media plans produced via the local media agency are,optimal and answer the brands requirements, budgets and business goals. We view planning as holistic joining up both traditional and digital as well as activities which create and convert demand to sales
- Assistant to the media managers and responsible for day to day media tasks for the Beauty and Personal Care category
- Responsible for the timely delivery, execution and interpretation of best in class media plans, campaign investment sign-off process
- Responsible for answering and solving day to day media queries and problems from category teams, digital hubs and our Media agencies, Mindshare and Kinetic, for category responsibilities
- Accountable for the implementation, tracking and interpretation of media budget reports
- Responsible for the development and delivery of basic media training and influence /sharing best practice
- Responsible for the evaluation, development and implementation of new processes for the media function
- Responsible for working with brand managers to ensure that media briefs are fit for purpose, to a high quality, signed off and executed by the relevant deadlines and to budget
- Accountable for the media investment sign off process, liaising with brand managers to ensure plans accurately reflect requirements and answer any queries. Ensuring that all approved media budgets are monitored and tracked against the agreed comms plan
- Responsible for working with Mindshare to track media delivery versus plans, interpreting outputs and providing updates and recommended actions to brand and digital teams
- Responsible for answering and solving day to day media queries and problems that arise from brand managers (WL1 and 2)
- Responsible for the tracking and management of non-working media budgets against targets and driving continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Responsible for ensuring end of campaign evaluation reports are conducted, interpreted and recommendations made for future improvements for brand and comms managers use
- Responsible for content development and delivery of media capability such as media inductions and media partner workshops
- Responsible for working with Mindshare in ensuring that those outside the media function are kept up to date on all developments within media
- Influence and share media best practice across the business and cluster and embed in business
- Recommend and implement improvements or changes to media budget, planning and implementation process and drive best practice within media team and wider brand building function
- Deputise for Senior Media Manager at media and brand meetings as required
- Media knowledge preferred but training available
- Marketing communications / knowledge essential
- Excellent organiser - a completer finisher
- Information management
- PC literate, especially spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills
- Playing to win – acting with speed, rigour and decisiveness.
- Embrace brilliant consumer marketing as a route to brand growth and competitive differentiation.
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Juliana Picon on Juliana.Picon@unilever.com