Assistant Procurement Manager (x2)
Posted: 8 Oct 2019 Closes: 22 Nov 2019
DescriptionAs an Assistant Procurement Manager you will support the delivery of major corporate procurement projects end-to-end, developing procurement documentation in line with internal and external governance.
About the role:
- Manage procurements through the procurement life-cycle stages from identifying the business need to contract award drawing on internal and external resources as required;
- Advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all HS2 activities are comply with regulations;
- Promote importance of procurement across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that procurement processes are effective in delivering HS2’s objectives;
- Manage the e-procurement solution for specific projects ensuring all projects are advertised sufficiently, information is correct and meets all UK government transparency requirements and EU procurement legislation;
- Participate in team meetings for procurement, provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives; and
- Provide monthly reports to the Procurement Operations Director which evidence successful delivery of projects.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Awareness and understanding of procuring through OJEU, established Government frameworks and under the Utilities directives;
- Experience of market engagement activities;
- Experience of compiling procurement documentations including tender and commercial documents whilst maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Experience of using e-tendering solutions;
- Experience of procuring corporate services and other indirect projects.
- Awareness of various forms of contract and contact drafting;
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments;
- Membership of or willing to work towards, the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
- Able to build relationships and rapport with key internal, external stakeholders and suppliers;
- Effective analytical and report writing skills;
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
About Us:High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.