Assistant Project Manager (HR)
As an Assistant Project Manager at HS2 you will ensure that projects are planned, managed and delivered on behalf of the HR directorate. The Assistant Project Manager is required to liaise and coordinate both across HR and the wider HS2 organisation, to ensure all HR projects and initiatives are launched and embedded successfully, aligning to business project management standards.
- To support HR Senior Leadership Team in the development and delivery of all HR project and initiatives.
- Maintain the HR project budgets, risks, issues and dependencies, ensuring successful delivery.
- Support HR team members in the development of project plans and budgets.
- Day to day management and maintenance of HR plans, calendars and associated project documentation in line with business project standards.
- To a lead role on behalf of HR - in developing best practice for project management, in conjunction with the Business PMO.
- Model, disaggregate and traceably embed and assure the Sponsor’s and functional requirements into programme requirements and specification.
- Co-ordinate with project managers to ensure corporate programmes are managed as a coherent and coordinated programme/portfolio.
- Where necessary acting as project management resource for individual projects.
- Responsible for reviewing communications from the HR Directorate in relation to HR projects and responses to Freedom of Information requests and Parliamentary Questions.
- Stakeholder management and facilitation skills.
- Communication skills including producing reports and delivering presentations.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge of coordinating events and training – including logistics, materials and event content.
- Understanding of collating data for reports.
- IT skills, including PowerPoint, Excel skills & Visio skills.
- Project & Programme delivery techniques (i.e. PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes, AGILE etc.).
- Understanding of IT applications for use in the Programme & Project Management environment.
- Experience of working with multiple projects and tasks required.
- Experience of collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of implementing or operating in a Programme Management framework.
- Experience of implementing change projects across an organisation.
- Experience of working with or within a central Programme Management Office across a large organisation and/or programme.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.