Assistant Service Manager - Registered Care
Are you looking for the next step in your Supported Living career?
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Care and Support Services which are both individualised and customer-led, promoting wellbeing and support for vulnerable individuals affected by learning disabilities by creating a vibrant, forward-thinking culture which can help make a difference to our customer’s quality of life. As an Assistant Service Manager within the Learning Disabilities team you will be working with people who need that extra bit of help to achieve the lifestyle that many people take for granted, such as a home, friends, fun and a good life.
As an Assistant Service Manager, you will:
- Look after day to day running of the service based in Hobson Road working with line management support from the Service Manager
- Be accountable for meeting service objectives
- Support service users to build networks that will strengthen their resilience and enable them to maintain and sustain their independence and tenancies on completion of support.
Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for working in the care sector and will appreciate the importance of providing care for vulnerable adults. We are looking for an Assistant Service Manager who will go that extra mile whilst working as part of a team. If you are confident, reliable and interested in supporting people to live independently then you will play an instrumental part of this supportive team.
As an Assistant Service Manager you will:
- Be flexible to work a variety of shift patterns during these hours including some evening, weekend and bank holiday work.
- Have experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities
- Hold a current NVQ level 3 in Care or equivalent (desirable).
- Be confident, reliable and interested in supporting people to live independently.
- Be able to establish positive relationships and a good team player.
- Demonstrate empathy, patience, humour and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Our Offer to you
As a leading provider of care and support when you join you will enjoy:
- Up to 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro-rata depending on contracted hours.
- Investment in your personal development through our extensive learning and development opportunities.
- Fully Paid DBS check
- Family friendly, carers leave plus other paid leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Long Service Awards
How to apply
Please click apply today to complete your application.
Our vaccination requirements
Please note it is a mandatory requirement that you can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have medical exemption in line with government guidance. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Longhurst Group is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We pride ourselves on looking after our colleagues and as part of our commitment we are an Employer for Carers and would welcome your application if you have additional unpaid caring responsibilities.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Longhurst Group.