E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We operate one of the largest streetlight contracting businesses in the UK, with a large presence in the Midlands and the North West. As well as providing new installations for most of the UK’s housing developers, we also work for the majority of the local authorities in our areas. We’re currently looking for an Assistant Storekeeper to join our team in Burton-upon-Trent. Here you will work on the Staffordshire PFI (Private Finance Initiative) Highway Lighting Project and third party works, where you will be pivotal in helping the team to maintain, repair and replace the 120,000 assets that we manage.
Organised and efficient, you will assist in the procurement, financial and quantity stock control of materials required for all maintenance. Here strong attention to detail and the ability to use computer based systems are essential. Your communication skills will also really come into play as you liaise daily with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
Safety is our priority, and this role can be physically demanding at times, so it’s important that you work in a safe manner and have a good understanding of health, safety, environment and quality policies and procedures. Previous experience of working within Highways Lighting would be an advantage, but is not essential.
This an exciting and challenging role with plenty of opportunity to use your initiative and make a real impact. If this appeals to you, apply today.
What we need from you:
- Proven experience of working in a storekeeping or stock control role.
- An understanding of computer based stock control systems.
- A valid full driving licence to drive vehicles up to and including Category C1 (7.5 tonne).
- A valid 2.5 tonne counterbalance forklift truck operators license.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to take a professional, courteous, confident and diplomatic approach to customers at all times.
Here’s what else you need to know:
· This role is based at our depot in Burton-upon-Trent. Regular travel will be required to another depot.
· Our Burton-upon-Trent depot is based at Unit 1A, Beeches Park, Eastern Avenue, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0BB.
· This is a permanent role.
· Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required.