Assistant Team Leader - (Supported Living)
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
This is now your opportunity to join our team on a permanent basis as an assistant team leader in our supported living schemes for learning disabilities in Birmingham.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Care and Support Services which are both individualised and customer-led, promoting wellbeing and support for individuals. We look to create a vibrant, forward thinking culture which can help make a difference to our customer’s quality of life. As an Assistant Team Leader within the Supported Living team you will be working with people who need that extra bit of help to achieve the lifestyle that many people take for granted, such as a home, friends, fun and a good life.
As an Assistant Team Leader, you will:
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure safety and compliance of the 3 services under CQC registration.
- Take delegated responsibility for the further development of staff and lifestyles of the service users.
- Assist in the filling of voids within services and liaison with external professional bodies.
- Participate in the process of compliance reporting and monitoring in relation to the organisation’s objectives e.g. Training, Fire safety.
- Supervise and support staff through supervisions, team meetings and addressing performance to enhance outcomes.
- Deputise in the absence of the service manager
- Be part of a wider management team and participate in meetings and development of services.
Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for working in the care sector and will appreciate the importance of providing care for vulnerable adults. We are looking for an Assistant Team Leader who will go that extra mile whilst working as part of a team. If you are confident, reliable and interested in supporting people to live independently then you will play an instrumental part of this supportive team.
As an Assistant Team Leader you will:
- Hold a current NVQ level 3 in Care or equivalent (desirable).
- Have a minimum 2 years’ experience in working with adults with Learning disabilities To work flexibly on rota including earlies, late shifts, alternate weekends, and bank holidays as required.
- Be flexible and support with occasional sleep ins which may be required
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health, wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive annual leave and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
(The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional a satisfactory standard Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 16th April
Interview date 23rd April- Remote interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.