Assistive Technology Officer
Do you want your work to improve lives?
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
To help us deliver this vision, we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join our innovative Lifeline and Assistive Technology Service as an Assistive Technology Officer. Salary advertised is for a 3 day a week basis totalling 21.75 hours.
Our Assistive Technology team provides a range of devices including Lifeline alarms, fall detectors and medication reminders to support individuals to maintain or improve their independence, safety and wellbeing.
Training will be provided on standard Assistive Technology equipment and customer and company methodologies.
This is how you can help to improve the lives of others
Identifying customer’s needs, determining and installing appropriate Assistive Technology equipment to support them, their families and carers. This involves completing home visits to undertake assessments for Assistive Technology and installing equipment to enable them to live safely and independently within their homes.
As an Assistive Technology Officer, you will:
- Conduct holistic assessments to determine appropriate technologies based on individual needs.
- Demonstrate and install a wide range of equipment, training and supporting customers in its use.
- Carry out periodic reviews to check if any adjustments or further support is required.
- Coordinate return of equipment ensuring it’s fit to be re-issued.
- Assist with testing and maintenance of equipment.
- Source new Assistive Technology equipment through research and trialling new products that come onto the market.
- Maintain service and client records, and other general admin duties.
Our ideal candidate will be reliable, conscientious and capable of working successfully and effectively within a small busy team. They will possess excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to take a customer-centred approach offering targeted and effective solutions.
As our Assistive Technology Officer, you will ideally have:
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional approach to service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills together with an understanding and empathy to the needs of older people, people with disabilities and vulnerable people.
- Very good attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- An aspiration to learn about how Assistive Technology devices work and may be customised for individual needs, and an active interest in learning about the increasing range of devices available.
- The ability and mindset to multitask and constantly manage changing priorities, to suit the dynamic nature of this service.
- You must hold a full current driving licence and have access to a vehicle as the role requires you to travel across Rutland and the East Midlands.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please read the attached job description and the person specification click apply to submit your application and showcase your experience focusing on the essential criteria for this role.
To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
(The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure and upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 13th May 2021 @ 23:59
Interview date 20th May 2021 – Remote interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.