Associate Editor/Senior Reporter, Ignites Asia
Position Title Associate Editor/ Senior Reporter, Ignites Asia
Business Unit Ignites Asia
Contract Type Permanent
Location Hong Kong
Ignites Asia, a Financial Times service, is a daily online news publication providing in-depth and timely coverage of Asia’s asset management industry. Ignites Asia is the sister publication to Ignites, the most popular fund industry news source in the United States. Ignites Asia’s coverage includes retail, high-net-worth and institutional investors; asset management companies and service providers; regulatory developments; fund flows; industry trends and much more.
We are looking for an Associate Editor/ Senior Reporter to be based in Hong Kong. You will report directly to the Managing Editor and be responsible for sourcing and writing high- quality articles focused on different markets across Asia’s asset management industry.
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in a successful online news service backed by the experience and resources of the Financial Times and Money-Media. This is also an opportunity to focus on news journalism for sophisticated decision-makers, as well as work within a positive and collaborative team environment.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for covering the asset management industry in Asia.
- Report, write and produce high-quality articles / news stories and exclusive content.
- Moderate webcasts and video interviews.
- When needed, edit or follow-up on mass media stories for the publication
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Managing Editor
- Associate Editor will be required to edit and publish the daily issue in the absence of the Managing Editor
Experience/skills you need to be successful in this role
- Minimum of three years of experience covering the asset management industry and/or financial markets in Asia. Strong contacts with asset management companies, institutional investors, fund distributors, sovereign wealth funds and regulators would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing demands of the job, varying day-to-day tasks and changing editorial requirements of Ignites Asia.
- Willingness to travel within Asia occasionally.
- Ability to build on current network of sources and significantly expand that network within a short period of time.
- Ability to work independently, while at the same time must be able to take guidance, suggestions, constructive criticism from the Managing Editor and the rest of the Ignites Asia editorial team.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Competence in computer/technology skills required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be bright, self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, responsible, organized and a team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Language skills (other than English) are an advantage.
What’s in it for you? FT Benefits
- A competitive salary
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical Coverage (including spouse and children)
- MPF (offer 7.5% contribution option)
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accomodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.