Associate Strategic Partnerships Manager
The Met Office is recruiting for a Associate Strategic Partnerships Manager to join our Commercial team.
The starting salary will be £30,932 with opportunities to progress to £33,925 over time.
- Outstanding Civil Service pension
- Discretionary corporate bonus
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 32.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) after 5 years
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year of annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Access to discounted shopping on a range of retail, leisure and lifestyle categories
We are the Met Office, the national meteorological service for the UK. We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, helping people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive. Our services are delivered through exceptional scientific, technological and operational expertise. We have a team of excellent people, working to deliver extraordinary impact, making us one of the most trusted forecasters in the world.
Our values – it’s who we are:
We’re a force for good
We’re experts by nature
We live and breathe it
We’re better together
We keep evolving
Our Met Office Commercial team works collaboratively across our organisation and the BEIS Commercial Function, delivering procurement and commercial outcomes and contract management solutions, together with supporting the Commissioning Team, for grants delivery. We have a wide range of suppliers, a substantial number of whom are SMEs, together with high value and strategic partnerships with businesses around the globe.
Reporting to the Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager (SSPM), this varied role will help to build the Strategic Partnerships function at the Met Office. Promoting the approaches, tools and processes associated with supplier relationship and partnership management, the Associate Strategic Partnerships Manager will drive the development and adoption of practices aimed at forging close and effective working relationships with third parties.
- Engage with stakeholders, Strategic and Operational Commercial teams to support sourcing & partnership initiatives across the organisation including managing the Met Office Partnerships Hub, our repository for tools and guidance.
- Effectively manage relationships and contracts with external partners and suppliers to ensure continued high quality service delivery to the Met Office.
- Contribute to the development of working practices and processes that ensure Met Office teams and third-party suppliers work effectively together.
- Prepare reports on supplier performance to internal and external committees and in support of supplier meetings.
- Support the SSPM and wider Strategic Partnerships function as required.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Working towards MCIPS qualification
2. Relationship and/or contract management experience
3. Ability to think laterally, challenge traditional patterns of service delivery and progress and develop new approaches.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating proven ability to build trust and influence with stakeholders across the organisation and with suppliers.
5. The ability to demonstrate drive and use initiative to deliver value to stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Proven and demonstrable procurement experience within a public sector context.
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Closing date 21/04/2021 with interviews commencing from 03/05/2021 . We update all applicants once the vacancy has closed and applications have been reviewed.
If you have any questions about the role please make contact with Elizabeth Barry, Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At present, all interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK. Please refer to the Gov.uk website where you will find further information.
This role requires higher level Security Clearance, which will generally require the successful candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years, but applicants not meeting this criteria may be considered.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from those with all protected characteristics.
We recognise that Great Minds Don’t Think Alike and are committed to working towards being a more diverse and inclusive organisation, with an accessible workplace and adaptable tooling. We continually strive to create a positive and open environment in which to work. We are Disability Confident; a Mindful Employer; and we hold an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality.
We are taking measures throughout our Recruitment process to tackle unconscious bias, and we apply the Civil Service Code to ensure that everyone is recruited on merit, fairness and open competition.