Automation Test Engineer (OSS/BSS/Mobile App)
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions is a leading global Public Safety and Government communications technology solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in Public Safety networks, devices and applications. We are committed to creating maximum value for our customers by providing competitive solutions and services. The Motorola ESN delivery team is responsible for the delivery of all technology and services for the ‘User Service’ part of ESMCP programme. The role is part of a multi-site team working with Customers, ESN Suppliers, UK Managed Services and other internal/external stakeholders.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS FOR A FIXED TERM CONTRACT (EMPLOYED)
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Develop OSS/BSS/Mobile Applications Test Automation frameworks for all areas of various systems within the domain to ensure the optimal test test coverage is achieved.
- Architecture and design BSS/OSS/Mobile Application automation frameworks and ensuring they are modular and scalable across multiple environments.
- Develop all regression and smoke test packs and daily scheduling and reporting in various environments
- Be expert in various test automation tools and hands on coding skills in Java
- Be expert in Cucumber, Selenium, Automating Web applications and API testing
- Unit, Integration and UI automation testing
- Be expert in at least some of the of the following: JUnit, Selenium, WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, JMeter
- Ensure version control of frameworks developed e.g. Git
- Proactively encourage, provide training to manual test engineer to enable culture change within the organisation
- Make an impact, showcasing your ability through plenty of hands-on technical work including writing and updating automation functional tests
- Work in an intensive, rapidly changing environment adopting a pragmatic approach to Automation.
- Confident communicator, able to work collaboratively across multiple teams and interact both internally with the team and externally with our customers.
- The role will report to the Automation Test Manager
- Works closely with Test Managers and Leads
- Works closely with workstream experts
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Deliver automation test packs for all test workstreams (OSS/BSS/Mobile applications)
- Mentor and upskill manual test teams as experts in creation of automation frameworks.
- Support the Automation Test Manager in achieving strategic goals of Automation.
- Communicate, coordinate and align test automation status with other workstreams test managers and engineers
- Willing to take calculated risks, experiment, and explore new ways
- Define and Develop testing architecture and automation harness, with a focus on optimising test durations for regressions across multiple environments.
- Develop scalable automation framework for our API and UI platforms, enabling teams to improve test automation reliability and coverage.
- Working with the wider design and implementation community to stay current with evolving processes, tools and methods.
- Drive the risk-based testing approach ensuring the effort and coverage is applied in the right areas.
- Ensure testing is operationally relevant as far as possible.
- Define test automation infrastructure, design, configuration and deployment
- Focus on continuous regression optimizations
- Minimize overall test cycle turnaround times
- Maintenance of Automation Release, Code and Configuration Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The following skills are considered essential:
- Proven experience in delivering complex Automation frameworks.
- Understanding and insight in 3GPP 4G (RAN and core network) & MCPTX specifications and OSS/BSS Architectures
- Skilled in Release, Code (GIT) and Configurations Management tools
- Skilled in Python coding / prototype boards / Raspberry Pi / Jenkins
- Proven track record for the implementation of an automation framework through the Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) process across different phases of testing including automated test reporting
- Skilled in the implementation of an effective automated process for triaging, reporting and analysing the test execution issues using DevOps communication tools such as Slack etc with automated VoiceAI and other AI tools
- Experience in creating an integrated environment for automated testing with the CI/CD automated process (Jenkins tool) for continuous Integration enabling a truly agile testing model.
- Expert in the test execution automation for interface level testing through Application programming Interface (API) to verify the functionality, reliability, performance and security of the application including the parameterization, messaging, assertion, virtualization reporting through SOAPUI and other tools
- Experienced test architect in creating an automation test practice in an integrated environment using AI and Cognitive tools
- Deep Automation test architecture expertise and proven track of implementing automation framework
- Ability to communicate and co-operate with other people in various situations
Decision making and Accountability:
- Accountable for ensuring Automation test framework development, deployment, reporting and maintenance for all systems.
- Responsible to ensure MSI have the correct Automation test coverage.
- Lead and support test automation demos
How many years’ experience are essential for this role and Qualification?
- An Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Holds a relevant professional qualification e.g.ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board)
- Holds any relevant qualification in Agile/Scrum/BDD
In order to apply successfully, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU and the candidate will ideally already hold a current UK Security Clearance, or be willing to undergo Security vetting, following a Baseline Personnel Security Screening (BPSS) check.