Bank Support Worker
Are you passionate about providing high standards of care and Support? If you share our passion to improve the lives of the people we support, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Support workers to join our dedicated care and support team in Radwinter Road. You will be motivated to working with Older People at Cornell Court
This is a brand-new scheme providing support for people with learning disabilities in 24 hour Supported Living in their own Flats. Working with the individuals to live independently, providing person centered care, working with individuals to achieve their personal goals, promoting independence and choices, Engaging individuals in activities and community participation.
L&Q Living, Support people with learning disabilities across London & Essex, who provide support and housing for people with learning disabilities, Mental Health, Young Parents & Older People
For over 30 years, we have supported people with disabilities to lead the lives they want, with the support that’s right for them.
What we’d like from you:
• Good communication both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities using a variety of methods to meet the needs of the individual.
• To have a good level of numeracy to assist the service user to manage their finances.
• The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
• To understand and adhere to safeguarding principles.
• To be honest, reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work shifts that include weekends and public holidays
• To participate in staff meetings, training and other learning development opportunities
• Full driving licence preferred (but not essential)
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
Please only apply if you live within the postcode of CB11 3HY or willing to travel.
Role Profile -
For this post the successful candidate will need to apply for or be in possession of a Enhance Disclosure Barring Service certificate (DBS) to enable them to work within the team. For further information about the Disclosure Barring Service please visit www.homeoffice.gov.uk
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.