Bank Support Worker
Are you passionate about providing high standards of care and Support? If you share our passion to improve the lives of the people we support, we would love to hear from you!
Do you have a passion for helping young people with learning disabilities to live independently? Do you believe that every person with a learning disability has a right to education and employment opportunities? If so, we want to hear from you. The scheme comprising of high quality self-contained units with on-site staff facilities.
Working with individuals who can display behaviours which challenge we follow the ethos of Positive Behaviour Support, engaging individuals in active support and focussing on community participation.
The main duties for this post will be to provide emotional support to service users, promote daily independence and wellbeing, as well as offering personal care and support with daily living tasks. You will be required to follow comprehensive plans and intervention guidelines as well as support plans and risk assessments. You will have a good understanding of the needs of people with Intellectual Disabilities
At L&Q Living we love to develop our people. To us our people are key and we love to see them progress and grow in our company. As such we provide continued support and training as well as a number of in house and external training courses to help you within your role.
What we’d like from you:
• Good communication both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities using a variety of methods to meet the needs of the individual.
• To have a good level of numeracy to assist the service user to manage their finances.
• The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
• To understand and adhere to safeguarding principles.
• To be honest, reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work shifts that include weekends and public holidays
• To participate in staff meetings, training and other learning development opportunities
• Full driving licence preferred (but not essential)
Role Profile - Support Worker.docx
For this post the successful candidate will need to apply for or be in possession of a Enhance Disclosure Barring Service certificate (DBS) to enable them to work within the team. For further information about the Disclosure Barring Service please visit www.homeoffice.gov.uk
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.