Benefits & Pensions Manager (London)
Job Title: Benefits and Pensions Manager
Reports to: Reward Manager
We can only ever be as good as our people and HR makes sure we have the very best. The function supports our core business areas: Creative, Commercial and Operations.
Specialists in Reward, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and People Systems work across the channel, supporting the HR Business Partners and Advisors to ensure that our people are developed and engaged so that the channel can continue to deliver on its remit and produce award-winning content.
In 2019 C4 is embarking on the biggest change in its 37 year history with the launch of the ‘4 All the UK Strategy’ which will involve the opening of a national HQ in Leeds and Creative Hubs is both Bristol and Glasgow.
This new role will bring in significant and comprehensive benefits and pension experience to lead on the suite of benefits at C4 and requires someone who is extremely comfortable working at both a strategic and an operational level. The role requires a very hands-on approach whilst also being the person who designs and drives the strategic benefits philosophy.
The role will ensure that the benefits offering at C4 supports the needs of our employees across the UK and enables us to attract and retain top talent.
• Responsible for all Pension administration and Benefit programmes (including medical, dental, travel and critical illness insurance, as well as childcare vouchers, the cycle to work scheme and other work-related benefits)
• Working with our outsourced benefits provider to ensure the design and enrolment for the benefits year is fit for purpose and project managing the role out, communications to the HR team and business, reviewing benefit offerings, testing platforms and ensuring all documentation is correct and branded accordingly
• Being responsible for the day to day management of relationships with third party benefit suppliers. Ensures regular meetings are in place and KPI’s are reported on
• Ensures we are working as efficiently as possible and is focused on continuous improvement
• Regularly evaluates and seeks to improve what we're providing to staff by implementing new and enhanced offerings from suppliers
• Providing advisory support to the HR team, becoming the pensions and benefits expert for C4
• Effectively dealing with queries from staff across all levels of seniority on all matters to do with pensions and benefits
• Ensure our benefits are processed correctly through payroll, managing and ensuring the accuracy of data held in the system
• Work with the Reward team to create a total rewards statement to best communicate our benefits/pensions/non-cash awards to employees and prospective employees
• Carry out regular reviews of benefits policies / contract wording
• Supports and informs HR advisors and Business Partners to ensure they are aware of new policies and all changes
• Reconciliation of our monthly Payroll to ensure salary / benefit changes have been reflected correctly
• Provide support during annual projects including Salary and Variable Pay Review cycles
• Work with internal business partners (Finance) to ensure our budgets are tracking correctly
• Keep abreast of changes in legislation, updating relevant policies and processes as and when appropriate and providing analysis of the financial impact of any such changes
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Proven experience of operating at this level
• Prior experience of working in comp and benefits roles, ideally in a not for profit or charitable sector
• Proven experience of working with Third Party Benefit Systems, HR Reporting Systems and Pension Portals
• Prior experience of working with DB and DC pension schemes, ideally with trustee management experience
• An excellent working knowledge of UK Pension Schemes
• Advanced excel skills
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Demonstrates a commercial understanding of the drivers of business performance and profitability
• Is committed to providing exceptional levels of customer service to the business
• Proven experience of providing commercially viable solutions to deadlines
• CIPD or equivalent qualified and/or Pension qualifications
• Passionate about the C4 remit and content