Bid Manager - ITS
Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
Ricoh`s business centres on developing office automation solutions globally, which enables individuals and organisations to improve the quality and productivity of office communications. Here in the UK, we are particularly proud of our reputation for being ambassadors for excellence, driving strategic improvements forward and recognising and celebrating achievements. In short, our employees tell us that `Ricoh is a great place to work`.
This ITS Bid Manager role is an exciting opportunity for someone who will lead IT Services bid activities and ensure all customer response requirements are provided on time to achieve a high success rate.
What you will be doing
* To create, audit and despatch quality persuasive proposals, primarily for the IT Services division of the business, to agreed deadlines
* To understand Ricoh’s core IT service offerings, and work with SME’s to articulate these products and services in the tender response
* To ensure that innovative, strategic and relevant offers are developed to increase the success rate
* Develop, review and improve processes, on an ongoing basis, to create quality proposal documents
* To ensure that proposals are in line with corporate branding and agreed styles
Working closely with the ‘Proposal Centre’, to proactively update the IT Services content library and ensure all documentation is the latest version available.
* Liaison with the relevant internal SME groups to receive new documentation and use own initiative to develop and improve content and documents to increase and enhance the quality of our responses.
* To Project manage each opportunity and be the single point of contact for the solution or service delivered into the bid; taking an active role coordinating and contributing to content that will enhance the quality of the response .
* Co-ordinate immediate team members and 'virtual' staff to pull all component parts required into a compelling, quality submission within the set deadlines.
* Continuously ensure document content is updated to meet new company structure; legislation; procedures; products; solutions and policies, ensuring the Proposal Centre is kept informed.
* Ensure opportunities are completed calmly and with integrity, are audited and have internal authority approval.
* Ensure all KPI data and debrief information is correctly recorded and provided to internal stakeholders within the business where applicable.
* Ensure that all ‘Back Office’ and Proposal Centre administration tasks are completed in a timely manner and provide transparent communication for all supported tenders.
* Improve final response document through Buddy process, and providing support to all Bid Team members to meet deadlines.
* Where necessary, provide pre and post submission support to the bid process
You will ideally have
* Essential to have experience and knowledge of the IT Services market and a successful track record of working in a similar role or owning and delivering complex IT proposals and bid responses.
* Experience and knowledge of working within and IT Services, reseller, systems integrator or consultancy within a role that combines the bid /proposal response and solution/service ownership.
* Good knowledge of the technologies, services and commercial models within the IT Market – including but not limited to Managed and Break Fix Services, Infrastructure (Server, Storage, Networking, Security) and End User Computing (Transformation and lifecycle management).
* Degree or equivalent (i.e. business/finance/accounting/sales/marketing)
APMP Foundation Accreditation, or understanding of the APMP bid methodology
Ideally have knowledge of IT Services and/or experience of working within an IT consultancy.
* Good understanding of the bid processes in both the Public Sector and Commercial Sector.
* Professional and confident in manner, and possessing excellent communication skills, demonstrating the ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers, peers, management and the wider business.
* Ability to continually evaluate each opportunity throughout the process to ensure deliverables and protect our credibility.
* Demonstrate leadership/project management skills and the ability to direct virtual teams to deliver mid-high value solutions.
* Demonstrate the ability to balance business and commercial risks with the requirements of our customer’s and desire to win new business.
* Excellent written and oral English skills with a good understanding of effective Bid writing.
* Resilient and able to operate in a commercial environment, often working flexible hours to achieve deadlines, sharing responsibility.
* Excellent time and priority management skills. A proven record of the ability to manage multiple opportunities at the same time.
* Experience in contract management including legal, finance and commercial acumen.
* Presentation skills – A confident and professional approach to building presentations and delivering to an internal customer audience.
* IT literate – Must have advanced MS Word and MS Excel skills, also have a good IT capability to learn the use of other software packages such as our proposal software system Qvidian
In return for your commitment, you can expect
Ricoh is an organisation that truly encourages employee learning and development. We are also proud of our many community initiatives, including employee volunteering and our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. If you have the right background and skills and you relish the chance of developing a career with Ricoh, please apply online.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Ricoh have removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://www.bitc.org.uk/programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all. For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check and a DBS Check.