FT Group Products - FT Specialist titles
Company & Department Context
The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to a growing audience of internationally minded business people.
A key part of the FT business, providing significant revenue and contribution to the FT, is Specialist Titles. This is an exciting time for Specialist Titles as we have created a large new cross-functional product & technology team in Sofia to support the needs of these products. The team’s focus will be across 3 distinct areas:
- Existing products - protecting existing profit and enabling outcome driven development eg: engagement, acquisition and retention;
- Incremental growth from existing products - via product extensions, driving additional revenue; and
- Diversification - growing and diversifying through growth initiatives into new markets.
The Specialist Titles portfolio consists of 16 different brands including Investors Chronicle, FDI Intelligence, and The Banker, to name a few. Operationally this portfolio is also comprised of FT Live and Events businesses, NED (Non-Executive Directors), 125 Forum, and How to Spend it (HTSI) magazine.
We’re looking for a permanent Business Analyst to join the Technology team in Sofia to support our Specialist Titles teams within the Group Products Programme. The role is based in Sofia, and there is an expectation that the Business Analyst will travel to London when needed and when circumstances allow to meet and engage with stakeholders and other members of the team.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible and accountable for the analysis for your team and projects. You will also work with Product Managers, UX Product Designers, Project Managers and Engineering teams to deliver outcomes for our customers and business teams. Projects will include developing new features on websites, platform integrations and business process improvements. There are a number of exciting initiatives in the pipeline which focus on the themes of customer or audience acquisition, retention and engagement to support the strategic theme of operational growth in the long term. In addition, we are embarking on a large initiative to align our editorial processes and tools to better enable future growth.
Our BAs are adaptable, flexing our approach to analysis depending on the stakeholders, technology and business needs. We’re empowered to work in the best way for the project and ultimately deliver value for our stakeholders and the business.
This role could be for you if:
- Your stakeholders love you. You build effective working relationships and mediate in meetings and discussions to manage differing personalities
- Developers trust you. You are able to explain business needs in terms of what that means for the tools or websites we build, and can explain technical terms to stakeholders
- You’re able to extract the true value and business need from a business request
- You can communicate business & technical complexity and distill detail into clearly understandable concepts, to your team, and stakeholders
- You are able to pay attention to the details, as well as understand the bigger picture, and can manage changing priorities
- Business Analysis experience
- A variety of analysis and problem-solving techniques to call upon
- Experience of conducting analysis in an Agile environment. You might have experience in Lean, Scrum, Kanban, UX, Anarchy, or a mix of all of the above
- Experience of working with Product Managers, Product or UX Designers and stakeholders, from senior management level to end-users
- Strong ‘soft skills’, such as communication and facilitation skills
- Some experience working on a large or complex project which includes managing dependencies and introducing business change
You might also have:
- Some experience working on customer-facing products, and an understanding of the value proposition for customers, and brand reputation
- Experience in using data-driven metrics to assess the value of any changes made or needed, and measure the results;
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
We think the Financial Times is a great place to work: we have a technical stack that is cutting edge - employing cloud-based, microservices architectures and using a wide range of open source and commercial technologies; our product development methodologies are very current - using a data driven approach, empowering everyone to understand and to delight our customers; our engineers are free to choose the tools they need and are able to influence the development process. Importantly, we ensure staff also have the ability to achieve a good work life balance.
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidised gym memberships. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
At the FT, we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.