Business Development Manager - Retirement Account
- This is an exciting opportunity to join Scottish Widows' Individual Pensions Distribution team, within the dynamic and fast-paced Insurance and Wealth Division of Lloyds Banking Group.
This challenging role plays an integral part in the Division's strategy of 'protecting today, securing tomorrow' through the promotion of our Individual Pension proposition, to help meet the retirement planning and income needs of UK intermediary customers as we continue our commitment to be the best Life and Pension company in the UK.
You will be required to develop and handle both new and existing relationships with the intermediary market, exerting the required drive, technical expertise and influence to increase the flow of new business, to help achieve our challenging market share aspirations.
You are responsible for the development of relationships and new business from a defined segment of accounts, to achieve set sales and income targets whilst also being alive to Workplace and Protection opportunities which could arise from your panel of accounts, working collaboratively to bring to bear our multi-channel proposition.
You will report into a Regional Distribution Manager, working from one of our sales units across the country, or remotely from your home office.
You will also be responsible for discussing any marketing & training packages & opportunities, developing a business case for any investment from the business.
- Deliver & exceed your distribution targets.
- Formulate and implement an effective business plan to include appropriate strategies for your account responsibilities, which will include a detailed understanding of the people, business strengths, weaknesses, goals and decision-making behaviour of each selected Intermediary which will meet or exceed new business growth and profit targets
- Identify and exploit business opportunities with your panel of Intermediaries to create mutual business benefit.
- Agree and effectively implement a development approach with your Regional Distribution Manager
- Lead and run the sales approach, co-ordinating the activities with each account within your region.
- Develop and implement multi-level contact strategies for Key Accounts within panel
- Fully engage with and optimise Scottish Widows Specialist resources to maximise business opportunities within your Region.
- Take responsibility for achievement of personal development objectives as agreed with your Regional Distribution Manager and in line with your Balanced Scorecard objectives.
- Clearly communicate the Scottish Widows Individual Pensions proposition and ensure full understanding within your region.
- Encourage and manage cross-selling opportunities which will ensure progression of business leads and the enhancement of new business sales opportunities within other parts of the Group
- Comply with specified risk and compliance procedures and practices ensuring that you are operating within Lloyds Banking Group policies at all times
- Extraordinary Communication skills across all levels.
- Evidence of successfully achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Understanding of the intermediary market place including regulatory, technical and legislative issues.
- An understanding of the key competition and their propositions within this market.
- Ability to focus attention on meeting agreed business targets, priorities and objectives
- Strong analytical skills validated through the ability to review a range of information and metrics and identify and prioritise appropriate actions
- Relationship Management Skills - builds rapport, trust and customer confidence presenting a professional image of Scottish Widows to the customer
- Has a thorough understanding of technology being used within the market and how it can be leveraged to support the sales process
- Progress towards level 4 qualification
What's in it for you?
We're passionate about development, with a culture built around advancing the best of our people. We're genuine about equal opportunity, as well as our people representing the communities we serve.
We're also considerate of agile working, and open to considering aspects of this to suit individual and business requirements on a flexible basis and as appropriate.
Your package will include:
- A performance bonus based on whole of role contribution
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Car allowance
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible.