Business Intelligence Engineer Manager, EU Workforce Staffing
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever they may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Wherever you are in the business – whatever team, whatever level - we all work to one set of Leadership Principles that help us hire the right people and run our business in the best way. These principles are followed every single day. They are highlighted in the way we interact with each other and how we behave. They are: Customer Obsession; Ownership; Invent and Simplify; Are Right, A Lot; Learn and Be Curious; Hire and Develop the Best; Insist on the Highest Standards; Think Big; Bias for Action, Frugality; Earn Trust; Dive Deep; Have Backbone – Disagree and Commit; and Deliver Results.
About Amazon Operations
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We deal with the ‘everyday experience’ of shopping on Amazon. We look after everything from the moment a customer click’s buy, to the moment that item gets delivered – from desktop to doorstep. Across Europe we have more than 50 fulfilment centres, hundreds of delivery stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person in the right place at the right time.
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineering Manager to help manage our ever-growing data & reporting needs and support analytics of an increasingly complex business related to Workforcestaffing (WFS) across the EU.
You will be responsible for designing, executing, maintaining and improving our reporting and metrics portfolio. You will work closely with a wide range of business professionals across Amazon to leverage our data in ways that provide business insights. Your data driven mindset as Business Analyst will enable you to be a key contributor in our efforts to enhance and drive the strategy and scalability in the area of High Volume Hiring. But you won’t stop there. Your role is responsible to dive deep into data to identify areas of improvement in our processes and partner with the business to find effective solutions.
The successful candidate for this role will be a data enthusiast, a fast learner and an innovative thinker. Additionally, is never satisfied with the status quo, can show success in following-up and getting things done and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, data-centric and ever-changing analytics environment.
· Excited to analyze and explore large data! You will have the opportunity to give potentially game-changing recommendations to the business
· Constantly challenging the status quo and proposing alternative solutions to drive the efficiency
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Standardize and contribute to the continuous improvement of our reporting infrastructure, being responsible for bringing forward new ways to better understand our business
· Perform comprehensive analysis to support ad-hoc reporting requests
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses
· Ensure a high quality of information in all reporting and data sources
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
· 6+ years of work experience in data mining and analysis
· People Managerial responsibility
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills
· SQL expert with prior success working with extremely large data sets
· Working familiarity with industry standard data analysis and presentation tools
· Prior experience in design and execution of analytics projects
· Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand requirements
· Demonstrated ability to work with technical teams to deliver accurate and scalable reporting and analytics solutions
· Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
· Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
· Ability to travel; 15%+ travel expected
· You have experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools;
· Proven experience using business intelligence/big data tools (SSAS Cubes, Power BI/Quicksight, Cognos, Python, R, etc.
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA etc.);