Business Manager - North India
Are you interested in joining an award-winning academic publisher?
We have a new vacancy for a sales focused Business Manager to join our regional sales team and be responsible for the retention and upselling of products to existing accounts and the development of new accounts across a Northern India territory.
Emerald Publishing is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While our roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the group's corporate learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
The Business Manager represents Emerald Publishing across a Northern India territory. Although the role is revenue-focused, the BM must be able to look more widely and develop non-commercial opportunities such as faculty-influencing and new product developments.
Business Managers are responsible for both the retention and upselling of products to existing customers, and the development of new accounts.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Establish and manage sales in the defined region through the following sales strategies:
- Account Development – Renewing and increasing revenue from existing customers
- New Business – generating business from new customers
Activities to support the strategies inlcude:
- On site visits - including pre-call planning, objective setting, review
- Influencing the customer DMU and other stakeholders
- Representation at key market events, including conferences
- Working with relevant networks, associations and other bodies who directly influence the perception and purchasing behaviours of our stakeholders.
- Establishing managing accurate, up to date, account information and sales pipelines to support accurate forecasting in the key target areas.
- Monitor competition activities, market developments etc and inform all relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with key functional areas at head office to provide market and account information.
- Ensuring that SRM is used for all customer communication and that all activities are recorded, as well as an accurate and realistic pipeline on SRM
- Maintain an effective and rewarding relationship with customers and key stakeholder in the region, throughout the lifetime of their association with Emerald.
Coordination with Regional Publishing and Operational Functions
- In conjunction with the relevant functional areas, ensuring that the sales activity in the region is aligned with non-sales functions represented in the region, including Marketing, Publishing Development, Editorial and Customer Support:
Who We’re Looking For:
- Advanced negotiation and sales closing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proposal writing
- Relationship-building with customers
- Organisation and time management skills
- Understanding of products, its features & benefits, that will increase interest levels
- Understanding of key sales times and renewal periods/purchasing behaviour
- Who to contact at prospective and existing customers
- Market trends and preferably understanding of higher education / publishing segment in India
What’s in It for You:
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting, and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and learning new skills.