Business Support PA
The SRA's Business Support Unit are looking for a motivated and reliable Personal Assistant to join their team in Birmingham.
What is in it for you?
- To showcase your excellent organisation and communication skills
- To work with and support members of the leadership team
- To build great relationships with a range of stakeholders and the SRA's Directors
- To work in a professional central Birmingham location.
As a Personal Assistant you will provide essential daily support to 3 - 4 Directors.
You will be required to:
- Manage diary commitments, often dealing with changes that can be at short notice.
- Prioritise incoming emails / post and dealing with these where possible.
- Arrange travel and accommodation bookings.
- Process expenses and raise purchase orders using our internal finance system.
- Prepare reports, presentations and minute taking, using Microsoft Office and Skype for Business.
- Be customer focused with the ability to professionally handle daily demands while achieving excellent quality results.
With high profile positions, the demands on the Directors' time is continuous, making diary management one of the most pressing and challenging parts of the role. It will be key to use your initiative and resourcefulness to forward plan and manage diaries and inboxes effectively.
You will act as a key liaison point within the organisation, working efficiently and preparing correspondence and documents in good time in readiness for events and meetings. This will include ensuring Directors are kept aware what their schedule looks like and where they need to be.
You may be required to support any arising project requirements, events and organise travel arrangements which will require acting with high levels of discretion, as confidentiality is paramount.
This role can be challenging and will require energy and flexibility but will also be rewarding working with a team of great people within an outstanding organisation.
We are looking for:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous PA and/or administrative experience
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise conflicting priorities in an environment of continuous change
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter.
Your CV and covering letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience required for this role, to give you the best chance of being shortlisted.
If you would like to find out more about the role or the culture of the organisation or just to find out more about us, please email us at and we will arrange a time to call in confidence.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 4 November 2019.