CAD Manager - Temporary Works
Skills set: (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Temporary Works, Engineering)
Job location: North Acton with travel to sites required
Accessible by public transport? Yes
Working hours: Weekdays
About the Project:
The HS2 Main Civils Contracts include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The Main Civils contract is a £multi-billion project with the works due for completion in 2025.
Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
As a Temporary Works CAD Manager you will be part of the Temporary Works (TW) design team based in West Ruislip, North Acton or Euston and you will manage a team of project based CAD technicians and external CAD technicians from the JV parent companies in production of drawings from design brief stage to construction.
We are looking for an excellent candidate who has extensive knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation with an exceptional attention to detail and will be self-motivated and able to work proactively. The candidate should have experience in TW like hoarding, fences, scaffold, formwork, falsework, sheet piles, excavations, concrete works, steel works and general civil engineering works.
Reporting to the Lead TW Design Manager you will ensure that TW drawings are adequately detailed for construction, use and dismantling of the TW, and that development of the drawings are in accordance with the SCSJV TW Procedure.
It is expected the ideal candidate is able to carry out simple designs and checks on hoarding, fences, scaffold, formwork, falsework, sheet piles, excavations, concrete works, steel works and general civil engineering works
- Develop, implement and monitor SCSJV CAD standards and templates
- Ensure SCSJV process for Temporary Works (TW) management is applied fully and efficiently.
- Manage a project based CAD team and external CAD teams in production of detailed drawings for TW.
- Ability to extract required information from project-wide 3D models.
- Provide CAD guidance and training workshops to CAD technicians, TW designer and other members of the project.
- Liaising with TW designer and delivery teams to understand the drafting requirements.
- Ensuring workable TW drawings are provided in timely manner to suit programme.
- Ensuring SHE hazards and risks have been included in the drawings so that the Delivery Team are aware of the residual risks to be managed.
- Site visits to aid identification of TW requirements.
- Maintaining a register of all the CAD tasks and generated design deliverables.
- Resource optimisation to avoid delay and keep budget under control.
- Evaluating subordinates for their technical skills, performance and productivity.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by attending team meetings and contributing to the TW team development topics.
- Management of CAD software and required hardware to meet the project guidelines.
- Identify opportunities and recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies.
Qualifications and experience:
- Civil Engineering Qualification - BEng (preferred) else a HNC/HND (essential)
- In depth knowledge of AutoCAD (essential) and MicroStation (essential)
- Huge amount of experience in Temporary Works drafting (essential)
- Experience in managing CAD technicians
- Experience in major rail projects, HS1, HS2 or similar (essential)
- Experience in ProjectWise (essential) and other Bentley doc control platform such as eb (preferred)
- Experience in simple TW designs and checks like hoarding, fences, scaffold, formwork, falsework, sheet piles, excavations, concrete works, steel works and general civil engineering works. (preferred)
- CSCS card (essential)
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.