Care and Support Worker - Various hours available.
Longhurst Group is one of the leading providers of housing and care solutions in the UK. With over 600 highly skilled carers improving the lives of our customers we're always looking to welcome new or existing carers into our team.
You may be brand new to a career in care or an experienced, skilled and empathetic individual. We’re open to talking to you either way.We are currently interested in talking with individuals who are available to support various shifts on a zero hours basis at our Pavillions site.
We’re based centrally in Peterborough within walking distance of the city centre. The Pavillions scheme comprises of extra care accomodation for people aged 55 and over.
Our customers can't wait to meet you when you apply.
As a member of our team you'll be integral to helping our customers to be independent.
You'll enjoy building relationship with those you support and be naturally empathetic in helping others.
If you're new to care we'll help introduce you and train you to build your experience in our sector. As a disability confident and inclusive employer we'll always be delighted to hear from you.
With over 80 care sites you will have access to all career progression within our business (you could even apply to join our housing division). At induction stage you'll find out all the great ways you can develop professionally too.
We value you…
When you join us you will enjoy;
- A flexible working-environment. Our schemes offer a variety of working patterns to suit your work life balance against our requirements. Some schemes are on a rota basis but we are always open to explore part time options with you.
- Up to 1400 internal bite size courses available via our internal learning system you can explore to self-develop your career:
- Free parking at most of our locations.
- A generous sick pay entitlement.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity pay scheme.
- Free counselling available to all employees.
5 core values underpin everything we do each day at Longhurst Group.
- In it together – You’ll be driven to help us to improve lives together.
- Heartfelt Service – You’re values are to care for customers and colleagues.
- Own it – You have pride and passion in all you do.
- Push the boundaries – You’re always looking for new ways to improve the way you work.
- Fun and Fair- You work hard but you treat everybody with respect.
If your application shows that you share our values we'll invite you in to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you.
Simply hit apply now to start improving lives.
(The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. A DBS will be required to work with our customers along with Right to Work checks before you start. We know you want to join us as soon as possible and we will process these as checks as quickly as we can so we can welcome you to our team)