This is your chance to join an organisation that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we’re playing our part in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK. As we move into 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
As an Engineering Building Fabric Technician your role will be at the heart of delivering the best airport service in the world. The work you do will touch on all aspects of Heathrow life. That’s because our Engineering team are involved in everything – from water to energy, rail to roads, baggage systems to runways. There’s a huge range of exciting development, construction, and maintenance projects across our £14bn asset base.
Joining Heathrow Engineering’s Manufacturing team will give you broad experience across design, problem solving, fabrication and delivery of specialised projects ‘From Inspiration to Installation’ , working to support all teams across the Airport community, with the support of a world-class team of experts. You’ll be taking on vital work to keep our airport running smoothly. Become part of a small dynamic team with big ideas.
Your role will involve:
- Meeting customers and understanding their requirements, whilst creating an inclusive solution based on their needs
- Continually improving asset performance to improve workflows for our colleague teams, flexibility to adapt designs as projects progress across different areas
- Tailoring designs and services to customer needs, utilising new products and materials and processes in design and installation
- Completing work orders and projects in a timely manner and accurately capturing designs, maintenance history (work orders, spares information and similar), also updating other records to meet business, regulatory & statutory requirements
- Following the correct procedures and proactively spotting hazards, to reduce risk and ensure a safe working environment
- Undertaking all duties with consideration and demonstrating asset management best practices
These skills are essential:
- City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 or higher in Joinery and Carpentry
- CNC skills desirable
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A full UK driving licence
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.