As a Case officer at HS2 you will be responsible for one or more of the hardship schemes in place for Phase One and Phase Two of HS2. This involves handling compensation applications and contact from the general public and their professional representatives.
About the role:
- Provide support to the operation of new property compensations schemes for the HS2 project
- Receive and process applications from the general public to HS2 property compensation schemes
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Case Officer and Property Acquisitions Manager
- Arrange and provide a secretariat function for external and internal meetings
- Deal with and provide advice to external contractors on HS2 information
- Liaise with members of the public and their professional representatives by telephone, email and letter
- Maintain spreadsheets and other electronic records in order to ensure effective case management
- Maintain meeting records and paper records to ensure activities are properly documented
- Assist with the management of the system for valuing properties, including dealing directly with chartered surveyors
- Proven track record of planning, prioritising and organising a changeable workload to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail in relation to following process correctly and in the production of own work
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously and efficiently as part of a small team
- Proven ability to relay both written and verbal information to a variety of external audiences, including members of the public
- Proven track record of reliability, trustworthiness and responsibility
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.