Category Quality Manager Deo and Fragrances
Job Title: Global Category Quality Manager BPC Division
The Global BPC Quality role works within the Global BPC Division.
Defining, developing, operationalizing, integrating, facilitating and coordinating Quality in innovation, technology and engineering design.
Supporting Quality improvements to drive design for quality and reduction of systemic quality issues
Driving improvements on systemic quality issues in the category, working with relevant other functions and sharing the Lessons Learnt across Unilever;
Design global quality programs to deliver improvements in quality, organization and ways of working aligned with the global Quality strategy and with Unilever standards of leadership.
The role delivers through strong interactions with cross-functional teams, including the Quality network at global, regional and local level.
The role reports to the Global BPC Category Quality Director, within the global Quality organisation.
The BPC business in Unilever is in excess of 20 Billion Euro.
With aggressive competition from both multinational FMCGs and local operators, consumers make their judgments to buy and repeat purchase on the quality and brand promise of the product. In an environment that is extremely challenging, in which markets localise and globalise at the same time and in which consumer expectations are more differentiated and “Personal” than ever, Quality is a key differentiator.
The focus is on ‘End-2-End’ Quality - starting from supply of materials through manufacture, logistics, customer focus, shopper impact and consumer experience.
- Deploy UL Quality strategy, governance and goals through specific projects and targets (Strategy).
- Define Category Quality Standards using agreed methodology and links the contents of these to Brand Performance Standards (Standards).
- Support the development, writing and maintenance of the Category Specific GMP’s
- Initiate, lead (as needed) or support Quality improvement projects using UL Quality Improvement methodologies and available data within the Category and for systemic cross-regional issues (Q Improvement).
- Drive implementation of Quality processes for Innovation projects for all category innovations and improve speed to market (Innovation Deployment).
- Support the mindset of making choices for Quality in product and packaging design (Innovation Deployment).
- Support Technology experts in development of the Category Specific and Inter-Category Technology Standards ensuring Quality requirements are built in (Technology).
- Support Quality deployment through the WCM Pillar and through Quality Workstreams and ensure replication of manufacturing solutions for Quality improvement across the category network (Operational Excellence).
- Deploy global quality programs and new ways of working (DVOC, C4G Supply,).
- Participates in Quality Expert Interventions, quality reviews, Hygiene Assessments, etc. (Operational Excellence).
- Integrate (connects and harmonizes) Quality processes between Engineering, Technology, Innovation Management, R&D, Brand Development, regional Product Groups and the broader quality teams.
- Provide Quality leadership to influence Quality culture through visibility and coaching across the Category (Linkage).
- Academic background Quality Management / Technology or other relevant academic background.
- Personal mastery
- Purpose and service
- Consumer love
- Passion for high performance
- Customer/Consumer Quality
- Quality Systems, Processes & Standards
- Quality in Product Design & Equipment
- Quality Improvement methodologies
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Operations& WCM
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Supplier/3PM Quality Management
- Strong Customer/Consumer Quality mind-set
- Very good communication skills
- Good x-functional networking skills
- High level of motivation
- Good analytical skills
- Proven experience in Quality, Manufacturing or R&D
- Proven& recognized achievements in Change management
- Factory experience
- Experience within Beauty & Personal Care network
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Sara Gordon on firstname.lastname@example.org